Hacking Supercard DSOne Firmware writer

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard website says to use their firmware writer to update my firmware, but my flash cart never came with a firmware writer. What am I supposed to do now? Is there a way to update the firmware manually? Because I don't think there are any places that sell the writer alone.

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a regular DSone, not a DSonei. I hear that the new Golden Sun works with firmware EOS 1,06, but I don't know how to update my firmware to that version without the writer. Does anyone know?

frederic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Eos is the software that goes on the sd card. It isnt the firmware. Download and extract eos and copy paste to the root of your sd card.

movezig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's good. I was worried I'd have to buy something, and I'm kinda broke.

Also, does anyone know how to put the software on there?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
movezig said:
It's a regular DSone, not a DSonei. I hear that the new Golden Sun works with firmware EOS 1,06, but I don't know how to update my firmware to that version without the writer. Does anyone know?

Unlike some other carts (i.e. CycloDS), the firmware and the OS are completely separate. That way you don't risk bricking the cart every time a new game update comes out, all you have to do is download the new OS and put it on your SD card.

D

Deleted-236924

nl255 said:
Unlike some other carts (i.e. CycloDS), the firmware and the OS are completely separate. That way you don't risk bricking the cart every time a new game update comes out, all you have to do is download the new OS and put it on your SD card.
CycloDS has recovery mode, so if firmware update goes wrong, you can still update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: