Hacking Supercard ds2 and acekard 2i interface and support?

BurritoJimmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys!
Ive just discovered the wonderful world of flashcarts and I've narrowed my search down to 2 and would like some oppinions.
Im trying to decide between the Supercard ds2 and acekard 2i. I dont really think id use any of the emus on the Supercard,
so its pretty much just a decision wether the extra money is worth the other extra features.
Also im pretty confused about updating the cards. Ive read some threads saying that you need a ndsl or dsphat (which i dont
have) to update the cards. Id really appreciate some clarification on this, especially with a new update comming.
Lastly, just wondering how fast, these cards come out with updates (for now uptades and such).
Thanks a ton!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well you have to decide if those extra features are worth it yourself. I don't particularly find them to be that amazing, though there are some homebrew that require a DSTWO (not a large amount, but some of them are amusing).

As for updating, you need a dslite, dsphat, or a DSi that has not had it's firmware updated beyond what your DSTWO is current at. In other words, you just have to be able to already use your DSTWO in order to update the flashcart's firmware.

Update-wise, both the SC and AK teams are fairly quick with their updates with firmware and kernels (if there is a problem anyways).

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As jurasicplayer said, you will need a ds phat, ds lite or a dsi with firmware under 1.4.1.

If none of the DSTWO features (free cheat, real-time guide/save, emulators, multimedia support, built-in cpu/more power, etc) appeal to you, you won't need a DSTWO.

both acekard 2i and SCDS2 has support for dsi v1.4.1 and 3ds. acekard is currently lacking a public release for dsi v1.4.2 (most likely because they want to release it with the fix for the 3ds update coming tomorrow).

BurritoJimmy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, it might be dificult for me to find one of those
unsure.gif

Ive also heard that i could buy a card thats already updated. If I
were to buy one of those, would i ever have to use anything other
than my 3ds to update or would i still have to use a ndsl, phat or dsi.

Im leaning towards ak2i just because i dont think id use the other features
and ive heard some really good thinks about its OS (lol forgot its name
nyanya.gif
)

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
BurritoJimmy said:
unsure.gif

nyanya.gif
)
it's firmware (what you're referring to as the OS) is called AceKard All In One (AKAIO) and it's an alternate, unofficial firmware - meaning it's not developed by the acekard team, but by the AKAIO team.

If you get a pre-updated acekard 2i that is compatible to the 3ds, you will be able to play it on the 3ds and you will be able to update your acekard 2i using it. That is, unless nintendo releases an update that will disable the use of unauthorized software on their 3ds, so be sure to not update your 3ds firmware until the acekard team releases an update for that firmware.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
BurritoJimmy said:
unsure.gif

nyanya.gif
)
it's firmware (what you're referring to as the OS) is called AceKard All In One (AKAIO) and it's an alternate, unofficial firmware - meaning it's not developed by the acekard team, but by the AKAIO team.

If you get a pre-updated acekard 2i that is compatible to the 3ds, you will be able to play it on the 3ds and you will be able to update your acekard 2i using it. That is, unless nintendo releases an update that will disable the use of unauthorized software on their 3ds, so be sure to not update your 3ds firmware until the acekard team releases an update for that firmware.
I love how you're correcting his "mistake" (as OS is the correct term) with your own.

The firmware is what boots the Acekard.
The menu/OS/software is AKAIO.

A pre-updated Ak2i will be useless if your DSi/3DS gets updated anyway.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've bought a DSTwo just a week ago for my new 3DS. Since I've sold my NDSL I just plugged it into my 3DS with the latest EOS firmware and 1.09 (3DS) update and it all went perfectly. I can use all the features. I have to say the emulators are nice but a bit less then I'd expected. It only costed around €38,- buck though so I don't find it an expensive card.

I don't see why you must use a NDSL / NDSi to update the card.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nihlathak said:
I've bought a DSTwo just a week ago for my new 3DS. Since I've sold my NDSL I just plugged it into my 3DS with the latest EOS firmware and 1.09 (3DS) update and it all went perfectly. I can use all the features. I have to say the emulators are nice but a bit less then I'd expected. It only costed around €38,- buck though so I don't find it an expensive card.

I don't see why you must use a NDSL / NDSi to update the card.
For a DS2, you don't cause of some shit to do with the onboard battery drainer ahem, CPU. (as well as its software response - Another World sums it up beautifully, ask him)

For the Acekard, it works on exploits, and since it can't just magically stop functioning on something unupdated (such as a DS l or Phat which cannot block flashcarts whatsoever, or a DSi/3DS it already works on) it needs one of those consoles to flash firmware.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Evo.lve said:
For a DS2, you don't cause of some shit to do with the onboard battery drainer ahem, CPU. (as well as its software response - Another World sums it up beautifully, ask him)

For the Acekard, it works on exploits, and since it can't just magically stop functioning on something unupdated (such as a DS l or Phat which cannot block flashcarts whatsoever, or a DSi/3DS it already works on) it needs one of those consoles to flash firmware.
Thanks, I finally managed to understand why some sites were saying so.

AvengerAkashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys!
Ive just discovered the wonderful world of flashcarts and I've narrowed my search down to 2 and would like some oppinions.
Im trying to decide between the Supercard ds2 and acekard 2i.

i just read until this line and you shoud go to supercard dstwo
acekard have a huge lack of suport in my opinion

ANDO FOR THOSE POSTS AFTER MINE LIKE "YOU DUDE SUCK,ACEKARD RULEZ"
go F*** yourselves this guy ask for opinion and this is mine

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AvengerAkashi said:
BurritoJimmy said:
Hey guys!

ACEKARD does RULEZ.
THEY DON'T UPDATE BECAUSE THEY DON'T NEED TO. AKAIO IS DOING FINE. GOOGLE "REINVENTING THE WHEEL".

Supercard IS better but if they won't use the features there's no point. It's like saying "I only drive once a month, what car should I buy?" "ALL DEM OTHER CARS SUCK BUY A ROLLS ROYCE" or maybe "I need a cheap USB, I lose things easily" "GET THIS GOLDPLATED DIAMOND ENCRUSTED ONE".

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quite enjoy my Acekard 2i. It works well with everything I've thrown at it. I can't comment on the DSTWO because I don't have one, but if you aren't going to use its features, why pay the extra $20-$30?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I bought an AK2i first, then got a DSTwo later. I use the DSTwo mainly for it's in-game menus I find it pretty helpful to be able to save and load state (especially for the New Super Mario 3 ROM hack, that thing's HARD at times), and changing cheats on the fly for experimentation is cool too. However users that don't use those features wouldn't miss them.

As far as future concerns, the DSTwo has a leg-up on the AK2i for bypassing new firmware updates, so if you just want to use your cart on a DS/Lite/i/XL, the 2i's fine, but I'd be a bit wary concerning new 3DS firmwares and model revisions.

D

Deleted-236924

Evo.lve said:
AvengerAkashi said:
BurritoJimmy said:
Hey guys!

ACEKARD does RULEZ.
THEY DON'T UPDATE BECAUSE THEY DON'T NEED TO. AKAIO IS DOING FINE. GOOGLE "REINVENTING THE WHEEL".

Supercard IS better but if they won't use the features there's no point. It's like saying "I only drive once a month, what car should I buy?" "ALL DEM OTHER CARS SUCK BUY A ROLLS ROYCE" or maybe "I need a cheap USB, I lose things easily" "GET THIS GOLDPLATED DIAMOND ENCRUSTED ONE".
This is making no sense.
AKAIO updates just about as much as the DSTwo, because both of them don't need updates.
When updates come, it's only because every once in a while, there's a problematic game that works on pretty much nothing.

Plus... Support doesn't always = updates.
Support includes customer support.

Since when was the last time you saw the AceKard team help customers?
As for the Supercard Team, while the cart is great, it's customer support is crappy. They never check out what is posted on the English forums. They sometimes even answer in Chinese in the English forums!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s