Supercard DS1 question

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Linkiboy, Jul 7, 2007.

Jul 7, 2007

Supercard DS1 question by Linkiboy at 1:44 AM (578 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Linkiboy
    OP

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Besides the GUI, how much better is the SCDS1 compared to the SCLite?

I've heard that a 1GB SanDisk runs slowly on it from the GBAtemp review, can anyone confirm?

I've never had compatibility problems with homebrew or commercial games on the SClite, and was wondering if the SCDS1 lived up to that?

2. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I have a 1GB Sandisk MicroSD from Japan and everything runs like a dream. I used to use a SCLite before I got my SCDS1 and I can honestly say, they both run flawlessly.

3. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
  4. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I think the problem with Sandisk is that they seem very inconsistent, where one batch is fine, but anther batch, possibly from another factory, are not so good.

Basically the SCDS1 achilles heel is it's strict need for a quality mem card, so it may be worth the effort to try and secure a Japanese made toshiba/kingston for it.

On a side note... I have heard through the grapevine that slot-2 SC's are to get a new interface soon, to overcome the 'short cheat label' problem ... might be worth keeping sc-lite after all.

5. kersplatty

Member kersplatty GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah, as long as you have the newer scds1 its well better, unless of course you require gba support