Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that really really way off?

They said the SCDS is running clean roms from a hardware side, thats wrong, every slot 1 cart is patching on the go.

Actually its right. I tested last night. Slapped a clean Kirby rom on there. Unchecked enable patching in the menu and it worked just fine. Saved just fine too.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, what he's talking about (I think) is the tester program what was released a while ago. It proves that most cards patch on the go whether you're using a PC patcher or not.

- Sam

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmmm...If that is true than it was wise for me to wait a few more weeks instead of jumping on the R4 wagon like almost everybody else....
The moment I heard that basically most slot1 carts still patch the game internally made me realize that I better stick with my slot2 solution for the moment, until something comes along that truly can run games unpatched from an hardware side.
In most cases it's made clear by now that you still depend on kernel's updates in order to run the most recent roms, and that puts me way off...
I surely will wait for a GBAtemp SC DS ONE review now !

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Damn, where can you buy that cute little PNY MicroSD reader?

Oh man, I want one too.
wtf.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
This review is wrong. As openchip explained: all SLOT-1 solutions to date need patching on the fly, because microSDs are WAY to slow to run them in the original state. However, other things are nice to read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.