OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

For those of you interested in the Supercard DS ONEi, I've finally got a full video and text review up.

Here's the video:

I also have the full text review up on my website if you're interested. Link to my website is in my signature.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't feel rushed per se...but it could have used quite a bit more work before being released.

I actually never got a SCDS1 to try out before, so this is my first time with one of supercard's slot-1's. I had a supercard lite and SD back in the day...
rofl2.gif

oh? TC has a few tricks you say?

edit: let's hope the betas that are supposedly releasing over the next few weeks promise more than rom compatiblity...

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BTW PharaohsVizier you might want to remove that raffle thing in your sig. It's been 6 weeks already.
Also if you could make the SCDS1 use Moonshell 2 as its menu then it would be faster, but that's not going to happen.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
@wchill - sorry about that, I just rarely look at my own signature.... XD

@iwakura - I was trying to point out the post in Shane's forum. We've all heard the billions of rumors about how TC is waiting for a good time to put out the CycloDSi, and that it'll do more than the average cart, or that it'll run DSiWare. The post stated that TC (since he apparently has connections) is waiting for more than the simple crack that all the other carts are using. This to me suggests that perhaps some, if not all the rumors are true. If it finds a way to run itself on a DSi through another method, I feel that that would be a big feature on it's own.

So you were a user of the old classic Supercard series? Kind of interesting how the tables have turned for them. The years of people complaining about the ugly menu offered on their slot 2 carts, and that people would rather take the slightly slower menus on the M3 series I guess changed their perspective. Perhaps they opted for the slower menu for this reason?

In any case, I guess I got a bit side-tracked, sorry!
frown.gif
One question though iwakura, what "combinations" of features messed up your cart for you? I believe that there were FAQs somewhere on their site that were talking about how if you activate some of the big ones, you should leave them standalone, such as RTS, RTG and Real Time Cheats (as in those 3 should rarely combine). Is that the case with yours? Or did you meet problems with like smaller ones like download play and cheats or something?

Hearing that about TC get's my blood going; i'm really interested in what they may release now...

and yeah, I still am a user of the classic supercards
biggrin.gif
use it for my micro. (got a ezflash iv to replace it recently though)

actually, i just turned on everything on the advanced patch menu thing, and then i ran tetris. When it finished loading, it actually ran for a few seconds, then hung on two black screens. I rebooted to find that the .nds file was corrupt.

I cant seem to reproduce the same thing though, now the rom just hands on the two black screens, but doesnt corrupt when i reboot. I agree, I would only have one big patch at a time. I was just messing with it
tongue.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't quite agree with the "rushed" statement. It was expected that the Supercard DS ONEi was slow, it is just like the original Supercard DS ONE. The same can be said about the M3 Reali, it will be similar, if not the same as the M3 Real. Although I guess TC has a few tricks hidden up their sleeves.

It certainly isn't for everyone, but it isn't that bad either, at least in my opinion. There are tricks to make the menu a little more bearable, but there's really nothing to make it run as fast as the AceKard 2i.

The M3 Real is no where near as slow as the SCDS1i as seen in the video, plus the M3 Real/M3 Reali has/will support Sakura which is much faster than the original firmware.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
the menu is the only serious fault of the supercard, but it's only feature that puts it ahead of the itouch2 in my book (realtime guide) is practically useless when it's shows so little per page, and in such horrid font
wtf.gif

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It really is lacking in several areas and it just shows how weak the lineup of flash carts are on the DSi.

I disagree; What we have right now is a evolution of flash carts, and each one bringing a different experience in its own right. The thing is though, favoritism is what is causing trouble. I've used the Acekard2i, iTouch2, and SCDSOi. Personally, the iTouch2 has a sleeker feel to it in general, and I enjoy the little extra "touch" of the slide effect that you normally see in Powerpoint. Its customization doesn't really bother me much since I can still switch out the BG and such with something i like, so I have no problem with it. Its own extra features are very nice, so for me the cart felt all around well done.

The Acekard2i feels much more hyped on its use, especially its skinning ability. It does have a very array amount of customization, that is for sure, but the skin itself (Just in general, any.) doesn't really feel that good. Its very well done, but the skins itself doesn't feel right. Its a very speedy cart, except when loading roms it seems (I noticed quite a few seconds for a rom to load, when the iTouch2 is very fast for it {And even includes a nice little "creating save" screen.}).

As for SCDSOi....It still is very early for me to say much, but I still have no bloody idea how to correctly wore the GUI correctly. If it requires a R button to do so, I am inherently screwed since mine is broken right now, but the basics of the card still work. For me, the SCDSOi is still in the works, but the firmware upgrade might be what also change the loading times and functions later on to actually use the DSi camera. I don't think Acekard firmware will be able to do so to that grand of a design, so in the long run a SCDSOi seems to be a more beneficial choice.

I'll be on the look out for the next cards (M3Reali correct?) and test them out as well, but for now the SCDSOi seems to be agood choice, at least for me (Wish I still had the iTouch2 though, but my friend needed a flashcart himself actually. What better than a brand new to the market cart!)

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few seconds is something you have more than enough. Geez I don't understand when people whine about a few seconds >.> AKAIO with the acekard has more merits then your gimmicky functions you like. Last thing the acekard does having a creating save screen more or less when you load the rom the bar for loading if it takes a while its making a save.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
OP
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
@Pharaoh

Yeah, the acekard2i seems to be what i'm advising everybody to get. EzFlash Vi looks great too, looking forward for a stable release. and no worries, I personally dont mind, though the users/mods may find themselves otherwise
smile.gif

@virgil

You shouldnt need an R button for much in the GUI for SCDSONEi. and while itouch has that nice save screen thing, it's saves are gigantttttic and it takes forever to create

@Boxshot
Sure, it only takes 2-3 seconds for the next icon to load in the interface. but as someone said "I have 137 games in one folder, i'm not going to wait 2-3 seconds each!"

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
@virgil

You shouldnt need an R button for much in the GUI for SCDSONEi. and while itouch has that nice save screen thing, it's saves are gigantttttic and it takes forever to create

When I did a save file for Luminous Ark 2 for it, it didn't take more then a few seconds to create. Maybe the one you have may be a different build or something, I have no clue (That or I got lucky and they made mine a bit better, xD. Yea right.).

For the R button issue, its the only way to use its RTS and RTG extras. I still don't know how to reach the menu on its above, but I don't really need to use that menu for awhile still, since I have no need for it yet.

red mist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEY iWAKURA IM GOING TO GET THE SUPER CARD DS ONEi b
yaynds.gif
but what i want to know is can u only play dpg videos on it and if not is there a easier way to gey videos on there
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
gbasp.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, it's best to just install Moonshell 2.0 or 1.71 manually, and launch that from the Supercard DS menu when you want to play media files. The built-in one is useful for really old DPG files that don't play in newer versions of Moonshell (wrong width for instance) but otherwise isn't all that useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM