Hacking Supercard DS One

DivineZeus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all guys, yesterday i bought a SCDS1 at Dealextreme but now i really need a new memory card... i already have a 2gb Kingston for my R4, so i'm goin to buy a SDHC for my new jewel... in my list there are 2 good cards:

A-Data 4GB Class 6
A-Data 8GB Class 4

Which one is reccomended? i prefer space instead speed (i have so many roms for my emus
tongue.gif
) but if u tell me a class 4 is not fast enough (i mean Castlevania games, etc.) i will buy the 4GB version... thanks in advance for ur help!
wink.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've heard that Class6 work with every game (Castlevania DoS intro and PoR hangings), but I'm not too sure about Class4.

Still, you might want to get a Class4 for the space and then multiboot the DSTT menu for the few problematic games (I've got a Kingmax 2gb, which lags on Castlevania intro and hangs sometimes in PoR on the SCDS One menu, but on the DSTT menu both of them work flawlessy).

It would be better to wait for some other comments, though
wink.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My guess is that the only reason you're holding back on 8GB is the class right? To put it simply, there's less to it than meets the eye. Lemme explain...

I'm using a Transcend class 4 8GB, which is just a little slower than ADATA. I get no lags or freezes in games or intros, even the DoS castlevania intro runs smooth, although PoR still freezes on teleport stones occasionally. I am however using the DSTT menu. On the SC menu the DoS intro lags but again, nothing else changes - all other intros work fine and PoR still freezes occasionally, though not any more often than with the DSTT menu.

Back on Acekard 2 I used a class 6 Transcend 4GB microSDHC and it STILL lagged in the DoS intro, though it didn't lag at all on the class 6 ADATA 4GB, even though the Transcend was FAT16 and the ADATA was FAT32 so clearly the brand makes a huge difference. Class rating is all about sequential access, which is what movie intros need, yet even though both were class 6 the ADATA behaved better.

My guess is that if you get an ADATA class 4 8GB you have a 50%-50% chance of getting lag in the DoS intro, no lags or freezes anywhere else, except occasional freezes on PoR warp points. If you get the class 6 ADATA 4GB you're guaranteed not to have lag anywhere in any game or intro, and have a 50-50% chance of seeing occasional PoR freezes on teleports, which may or may not happen at all.

My recommendation is that you go for the 8GB, since aside from these two games you're not bound to have trouble anywhere else, plus the differences in performance on said two games are neglectible(unless you REALLY love the DoS intro), just save before using warpstones in PoR. Also the DoS intro lag can be forfeit altogether if you're dual/triple booting the SC OS with YSmenu and/or DSTT menu.

DivineZeus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for ur opinions pepsi and Searinox, i have just bought the 8GB class 4, and works very good, no problems at all! i think this brand (i mean A-Data) is great!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1