khalidosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
What I want from a card is(mainly at least):
1.A nice GUI(im kinda picky when it comes to GUIs).
2.99% compatibilty and no slowdowns.
So do you recommend that I get a Supercard DS one?(BTW this is the microsd im gettingSanDisk microSD Card Ultra II 2 GB
smile.gif

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u check out scdev.org, the scds one was sort of a crash and burn. the r4 is gaining quick popularity though with its no slowdowns and good rom compatability. who's cloning who out of the r4 and m3 i simply dont care for i think both of those flashcarts are going to do considerably well. u also dont have to mess with microsd speed and save state size. and sweet pick for the 2gb ultra II i was going to get one of those however decided to wait until they fall in price and opted for the 1gb ver when i sent my adata microsd back.

khalidosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Weren't all the Supercard DS one problems solved with the update?and I kinda like the SC DS one's GUI more than the R4's orthe M3's really(as I said im really picky when it comes to GUIs
tongue.gif
)

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno I have faith in Supercard but they still need to make some good improvement to their software/firmware issue. For the meantime Im sold to the R4 first then only get a SC DSOne. The R4 not only it has a very good price point but the compatibility issue is very good. No slowdown or frezzing in Castlevania: PoR at all!

Aerquos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
The Supercard DS One has a great looking GUI. It is entirely touch screen operated and is easily skinable. The R4 likewise has a Moonshell based GUI however it uses the directional pad to scroll up and down and looks dated compared to the Supercard DS. The R4 has good compatibility out of the box. Castlevania POR works without freezing where as on the Supercard DS One it doesn’t work. People who have downloaded the DS One 1.1 firmware update are saying though that POR now works and a lot of save selecting issues have been fixed. Basically, it is if you’re willing to have a better GUI and wait for firmware update and have a uglier looking GUI and have everything running out of the box.

khalidosan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hmmm...I think ill just stick with supercard(i got Faith in them) plus im getting a fast microsd card so that should help with compatibility
biggrin.gif

Max Steele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think if you need to get something right now, by the reviews and general feedback R4 is the way to go. Personally apart for POR the thing works great but I'm trying out the 1.1 out now and hopefully SC gets their shit together and solves the speed issues (I don't mind tinkering with save sizes).

Also a fast sd card isn't neccessarily best with DS1, I think a lot of users said the slower Sandisk card worked better (for the 1.0 firmware atleast).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over