OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Peru
Hi, right now I want to buy my gf a new flashcard. I did a bit of research and I was considering SCDS, Edge, AK2, TTDS.
The main thing is that I need a flashcard that is compatible with the ez 3 in 1 (which she already has), but I wanted to get her a flash card that is reliable. (I don't want to get her a Flashcard and then sending it back to DX cause it is faulty), and not too expensive (I can pay as much as 30 bucks). Which do you recommend?

thanks

Soujiroseta

Grimm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I can't say much for the quality of it, but I just ordered an Acekard 2 and a 4gb SDHC card from dealextreme.com for $23 shipped. Apparently the Acekard has all the main functions of the top carts like CycloDS but lacks smaller, less important features such as Slo-Mo and on-the-fly saving. From what I have read it is a fairly flimsy piece of hardware as well so thats definitely something to take into consideration.

But for $23 you'll be staying inside your budget and you'll have a cart with 90% of the features of the most expensive carts and a ton of memory to go along with it.
happy.gif

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmmmm... Take out the TTDS in my opinion, that cart is what you would expect for the price, absolute crap; laggy, bad interface, and no outstanding features.

The supercard DS has some very good features, including the unique ability to activate and deactivate cheats in game, it also has RTS (real time save) which might be appealing to you. The downside is the unnecessarily complicated GUI, which takes a very long time to get used to.

The edge is pretty much a cheaper clone of the CycloDS with not as much features.
The Acekard 2 is a unique card boasting what in my opinion is the best interface. Unfortunately, the build quality is not as good as the aforementioned carts, but if you treat it gently, it shouldn't prove to be a problem =] Not to mention it is the 2nd cheapest of the carts you mentioned!!

My choice would be the Acekard 2, but you may have different preferences.

Hope this helps.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShAdOwFuRi said:
Mmmmmm... Take out the TTDS in my opinion, that cart is what you would expect for the price, absolute crap; laggy, bad interface, and no outstanding features.
I agree with you on that point, not a very good cart at all.

QUOTE(ShAdOwFuRi @ Nov 25 2008, 02:34 PM) The supercard DS has some very good features, including the unique ability to activate and deactivate cheats in game, it also has RTS (real time save) which might be appealing to you. The downside is the unnecessarily complicated GUI, which takes a very long time to get used to.
I didn't find the interface that confusing at all, i'd say it took me a bout 5 minutes tops to work out how to navigate around, but with the addition of the pda style'd icons its much easier. The SCDS1 has a lot of great features which it was among the first cart to implement such as real time game guide which is very handy. However i agree about the complicated GUI slightly, in that the different button combos you need to remember to enter the RTS menu and such can be confusing, and annoying at times.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you honestly see yourself using a lot of cheats, real time saves, and in game guides, I would go for the Supercard DS One. It's build quality is top notch, and while it's GUI is a little slow, you can get used to it fairly quickly. You definitely get what you pay for.

However, if you want to get what you pay for, and pay less, then the Acekard 2 is a great alternative. It lacks advanced (but often pointless) features like the in game guide, yet still delivers a snappy and easy to use UI, along with great comptability. The card itself is a little on the flimsy side as far as craftsmanship goes though. It's still a great deal however.

So basically, Acekard 2 is a great budget card, where the Supercard DS One is a great feature card at $25 dollars. As far as the CycloDS goes, the Supercard matches it feature for feature, which isn't worth it for the $50+ you might end up paying for it.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
soujiroseta said:
thanks for all your replies, but I was reading about AK2 bad batches. Are they gone?

With the introduction of the Acekard 2.1 you can rest assure that you will not get any more stupid FAT errors or errors of any sort really. However, the build quality of the chip is still not exactly sturdy and if mistreated can break very easily. Having said that, if you're a careful person like me and treat it with care, it'll take you a long way =]

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you want reliability, then you would probably be best to go with the SCDS1 or the AK2. definitely not the TTDS, it seems to have a higher than normal failure rate

the AK2 bad batch is long gone, if you buy from a shop with a decent turnover you should not get one

berkley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dude don't cheap out on your gf just get her a cyclo and she will never have a problem again, plus cyclo has every feature
smile.gif

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
dude,

i has an scds1 and its rocks
all the features come in handy all the time,well not rtg real time guide but its more for r.p.g players like me

i dont think it has any card you has selected has support for the 3 in 1
well the edge has auto ram patching for ds web browser i hear.

it is the season to be jolly so get something with all the things and features,she is your GF right?you want the best of the best
smile.gif

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AeroHex said:
i dont think it has any card you has selected has support for the 3 in 1
well the edge has auto ram patching for ds web browser i hear.
Correct me if im wrong here but i remember reading that the SCDS1 does support the ds web browser and the 3 in 1. Im not certain but i think it does atleast in one of its updates it said that, or there was something to support it.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShAdOwFuRi said:
UltraMagnus said:
AK2 has support for 3-in-1 in default firmware

I think you mean AKAIO... not sure if official firmware 4.12 has the support for 3 in 1

I have only been using my AK2 since official firmware since 4.10 (or maybe 4.11) and it has always had full support for the 3-in-1

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
ShAdOwFuRi said:
UltraMagnus said:
AK2 has support for 3-in-1 in default firmware

I think you mean AKAIO... not sure if official firmware 4.12 has the support for 3 in 1

I have only been using my AK2 since official firmware since 4.10 (or maybe 4.11) and it has always had full support for the 3-in-1

AFAIK ever since bliss' fw was merged with the official. (4.08)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.