Hardware Supercard DS One, R4, or M3 Simply

lilretard819

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been wanting either the Supercard DS One, R4, or M3 Simply. I do not know which is the best and works well. I am hoping that you guys can give me some advice in which to get. I really want the best working one. I have one more question, is it true that the NEWEST Supercard DS One contains a lot of bugs and errors? I've been reading a lot of negative reviews on sites about that.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
most popular, stable and cheapest - R4.
M3 is identical but usually slightly more expensive.
Supercard DS One isn't very popular.

Also G6 Real 2gbyte (inbuilt memory) is coming soon, probably the start of next month, it's very feature packed and sounds great but it will be a bit more expensive than these cards.

So if you don't feel like waiting, or don't think you'd fork out the cash for the feeature packed g6, get an R4.

if you decide on that remember -
1. you'll need a microsd card. the most recommended is the kingston 1gb japan.
2. don't expect a slot one to play gba games.

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even bother with the M3 Simply. The Supercard DS did have problems when first released but it's a good working card now. But the R4 is still the best for the price, a solid card with many features & there constantly adding new ones. With the R4 you can't go wrong.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supercard DS One isn't very popular.
I don't agree with that. The SCDS1 isn't as popular as the other carts, but it's still popular. I've tried pretty much all flashcarts and the DS1 is not my favorite. It isn't, however, a bad flashcart. Just for the record my favorite card is the R4.

- Sam

lilretard819

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 of my friends have a supercard ds one and the other like 10 or more have a r4. I am not sure what to get either a r4 or supercard ds one. Also if i do get a supercard, should i get the new one that just got released or the older one?

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2 of my friends have a supercard ds one and the other like 10 or more have a r4. I am not sure what to get either a r4 or supercard ds one. Also if i do get a supercard, should i get the new one that just got released or the older one?

Get an R4. Seriously.
And if you do get a SuperCard, get the new one

- Sam

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you don't seem to give fair judgements.

The M3 Simply is a R4 and vice versa. So anything goes on that case. The Supercard DS is alright.
If the R4 company makes both the R4 & Simply. But the M3 Simply normally costs more & gets its updates 3 to 5 days later. Why on earth would you buy a Simply? To get ripped off?
huh.gif

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
there is the mighty SC-ONE to purchase. doesnt the R4 set all saves to 512KB instead of the correct saver size for each game. and homebrew support isnt all that good for the R4 from what ive seen. ive seen homebrew being specifically recoded for the R4.

lilretard819

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the supercard ds one that i bought isn't very good (WHAT IS CONSIDERED GOOD O_O?) Then I am probably going to sell it and get a r4.

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3Simply and I love it. Although R4==M3S, so get whichever is cheaper. When I got mine, I got the M3S for cheaper than the R4, but it seems it is the other way around now.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4 is the most popular at the moment. So you know you'll get the firmware updates. Too many people are selling the Supercard DS as their disappointed in it to get an R4. The Supercard team seem to be slow with the updates to the card as well.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Cant you cancel the order instead of just waiting till it gets here?

And my praise goes towards the R4 for which the reasons have been said already and one more to boot....
REVOLUTION 4 DS!!!!
How cool of a name is that?
wub.gif

lilretard819

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am going to be getting a R4 and a Supercard DS One. My supercard was already ordered and I regret buying it. I am probably going to sell it on craigslist. As in for the R4, I am going to use it. The batttery consumption is very low and is good I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu