Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Supercard DS ONE loader v3.0 released!
Real time save feature added
scdsone.gif
The Supercard team have introduced the world's first real-time save function in a DS flashcard. With the release of OS v3.0, the Supercard DSONE is the first card to feature real-time save and load.

Real Time save allows you to save anywhere, at any time inside a game. It seems Team Cyclops have been beaten to the punch!

General compatibility and bug fixes have also made their way into this version. The full change log is available below. They've even produced a brand new mini-site for the new loader. Check it out at the link below.

[title:Supercard DS ONE Loader v3.0]RealTime Save --- NO GAME OVER in DSONE world!

BE THE OWNER OF DSONE, BE THE WINNER OF GAME!

2007.12.05. The Day is the day we should remember for all SuperCard DSONE user. DSONE OS v3.0 release for all DSONE user in the world.

OS v3.0 provide this dream function as a gift of Christmas. It's RealTime Save! Any time, Any where, Any way to save & load the game.

This is a revolution of this wonderful device. Totally beyond the original performance. OS v3.0 include FOUR dream function.

This is dream function is for all DSONE/DSONE(SDHC) old and new user. Just download the OS v3.0 and upgrade it.

FOUR Dream Function --- The leader of technology in the world. NO GAME OVER in DSONE world.
# 1. RealTime Save (exclusive). The ONLY one which support RealTime Save. Save & Load Anytime, Anywhere, Anyway.
# 2. RealTime Cheat Code. Can turn ON/OFF in the game at anytime. The powerful function easy to play game.
# 3. RealTime Game Guide (exclusive). Can switch in Game Guide screen and game playing screen. Especially for easy play RPG game.
# 4. Multi-save (exclusive). One game support multi-save files. Unlimited save storage beyond original performance.
#

What's new?
# 1. Added Real Time Save function.
Note: (Need to select the "Real Time Save" option from patch mode, OS will create a a real time save file about 5M, please make sure the flash memory has enough space.)
# 2. Fixed ROM 0908 can not open cheat code menu problem.
# 3. Updated the patch database to 1728.
# 4. Updated the save type database to 1728.
# 5. Added real time save version in ABOUT window, for player to confirm the file is the same version when exchanging real time save file.
Note: (Real time save file with different version are incompatible.)
# 6 Updated the SuperKey.NDS, fixed booting slot 2 problem which cause GBA display scratch.

It is unknown whether real-time save will be coming to any other Supercard product. You can download the update locally from GBAtemp below. Thank to Da DAM on the forums for the heads up.

download.gif
Download
download.gif
Download (for SDHC cards only)
icon11.gif
Loader 3.0 mini-site

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brilliant!
I always assumed it would be team Cyclops to be the first but I guess they just got beat.

Does anyone know how to enable realtime save from the global.ini?
My touchscreen is broke so i can't do it.

If you can't enable it from global.ini could someone give me a global.ini where everything is enabled except "fix downplay"?

also FIRST!

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
this shows that even the r4s and other flashcarts can do it since they don't have SDHC support or very high onboard memory
Wonderful news for the SC owners and therefore this has temporarily become the best cart now

It was always one of the better carts , it was just not as popular as the R4 ( reviews were bad cause most of them was of the first gen) .

Anyway I am happy that I haven't given my SCDS one yet ( I am waiting for my SDHC version to arrive) as it would be fun to test it
smile.gif

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One again I'm happy to have bought a SC DS One considering the not so good start they once again showed their competitioners what good support is all about.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose I should mention something once again about sticking with the pioneers wrather than jumping on the new guys' bandwagon and preying they don't disappear when their sales slump. SuperCard, M3 and to some extent Neo are the pioneers in my books; once again one has stepped up to prove they are doing stuff others will have to follow(cough-clone-cough) or be left behind.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very impressed with the Supercard guys. Not only have they improved the SCDS1 from being mediocre to the most full-featured slot 1 cart available, they still support their old slot 2 carts better than the competition does.

I'm really starting to want one of these.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
hahaha wow 5M. I can only imagine the read/write time it takes.

- 5M for each game
Hmmz So you need to leave some space on your card
biggrin.gif

I do hope, but i doubt, that it will come to SuperCard SD/MiniSD/Lite

I can't test it, as i gave away my SuperCard DSONE a few months ago

D

Deleted User

It shouldn't be possible... not without virtualizing all of the hardware...

Well we will see how well it works for all games.
What are you saying a raw dump of the cpu registers, the ram, and the video ram should do it. Only thing needed is an interrupt to some place not accessed by the game.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It shouldn't be possible... not without virtualizing all of the hardware...

Well we will see how well it works for all games.
It won't work for every game, things like this never do. If it even works for 90% of the games that will be great.

A test on yyjoy (I provided a link a while ago, but it isn't hard to find) tested the 10 (or more) latest games, and it worked for all of them, however 2 leaving audio and visual artifacts on the screen (the manual suggests you pause and unpause the game to remove these)

So the compatibility should be quite high.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A test on yyjoy (I provided a link a while ago, but it isn't hard to find) tested the 10 (or more) latest games...
10 games is not a meaningful sample when there are over 1700 roms dumped so far. I'd bet monies that the save states won't work with at least at least a few games.

But yes, hopefully compatibility will be high.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a great feature
smile.gif

Multi save is not "exclusive", ninjads does it since 1.03 releases (http://www.ninjads.com/)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there