Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
What can anyone tell me, from having personally used this product?

I tell you, from the description, it sounds really impressive!!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION (bolds my addition):

The all new and all powerful SuperCard DSONEi offers support for NDS, NDS Lite, and the new DSi. More importantly the SuperCard DSONEi comes complete with a firmware flashing unit to protect your investment against any future DSi system updates.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering you already have a flashcart for your DSi (I believe anyway) don't bother with any other unless it breaks. Search for a review and i'm sure you'll find several.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Kalisiin, will you please STOP creating all those stupid threads... If you use the search button you can find all you want.

How the FUCK is this stupid? I'm asking for someone here to post some kind of a review, or let me know, personally, what kind of experience they have had with a product I'm considering getting as a backup.

Sheesh....why are some people so freaking mean?
cry.gif

Gods, a friend of mine was sure right when he recently wrote about why he's starting to dislike the Internet...because it's been invaded by the "beautiful people" and is no longer a refuge for the socially inept...like me. And like him.

The "beautiful people" are the popular kids...the mean, nasty, rotten, selfish ones with annoyingly simple tastes...who pushed us social inepts out of almost every sphere of existence in the first place...and have now come along and invaded cyberspace and are pushing us to the sidelines in what once was our refuge from a harsh, cruel, mean, rotten world.

The "beautiful people" are the ones who a petty, mean, selfish, rotten GRIEFERS.

I get a feeling you're one of THOSE, Overlord. Well, you don't have to be so freaking nasty and rotten, do you?

cry.gif

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Considering you already have a flashcart for your DSi (I believe anyway) don't bother with any other unless it breaks. Search for a review and i'm sure you'll find several.

I was looking for something a little more personal than just an impersonal review from someone I don't know.

I was hoping for a review from some member of a community I'd like to think I can trust.

Is THAT such a crime?

Hell, I bought some stuff, recently, from gamersgadget.com...and shortly after so doing...found several BAD REVIEWS about them online. I spent two weeks worrying my head off, and saying I never would have bought from them if I'd seen those, first.

And in the end, everything turned out great, okay, wonderful...no trouble at all...with my order. So you see why I wanted something more than just an impersonal review from someone I don't know...and wanted a review from within a community that I think, for the most part, that I can trust....even if SOME of the members are mean, nasty rotten greifing "beautiful people."

ON EDIT: The thing that intrigued me about this particular device was the statement that it comes with a flashing unit that would protect your investment against future DSi system updates.

I wanted to know if anyone could validate that for me....okay?

Is that such a freaking crime??

PokemonV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The SuperCardDSOnei was my second flash card. My first was the the cyclo ds evo. I got one of these because cylco doesn't work on DSi. After ordering this I thought it would be a a good product. I was wrong. The super card kept on freezing and not loading my games. The cheat system was also flawed. But hey it can play music off the OS, an super slow ( guess that is where the name super came from ) OS at that. After a while the it started to delete my sav files. So I gave up on this cart. I got an AceKard 2i after and will be haply using it until the day Nintendo finds a way to block the AK for good. ;\ But hey I have a back up if that happens though
biggrin.gif

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Kalisiin, will you please STOP creating all those stupid threads... If you use the search button you can find all you want.

How the FUCK is this stupid? I'm asking for someone here to post some kind of a review, or let me know, personally, what kind of experience they have had with a product I'm considering getting as a backup.

Sheesh....why are some people so freaking mean?
cry.gif

Gods, a friend of mine was sure right when he recently wrote about why he's starting to dislike the Internet...because it's been invaded by the "beautiful people" and is no longer a refuge for the socially inept...like me. And like him.

The "beautiful people" are the popular kids...the mean, nasty, rotten, selfish ones with annoyingly simple tastes...who pushed us social inepts out of almost every sphere of existence in the first place...and have now come along and invaded cyberspace and are pushing us to the sidelines in what once was our refuge from a harsh, cruel, mean, rotten world.

The "beautiful people" are the ones who a petty, mean, selfish, rotten GRIEFERS.

I get a feeling you're one of THOSE, Overlord. Well, you don't have to be so freaking nasty and rotten, do you?

cry.gif
Don't blame other people for your problems.

"Beautiful People" aren't always bad. YOU should stop generalizing. Simple tastes are never annoying, at least to most people. Simplicity is beautiful. Not everything NEEDS to be complex. An atom, for instance is simple (to understand), yet beautiful.

You're being a whiny, selfish person right now, why don't you stop??

Rotten world? Lol. If you can suck it up in the outside world, it wouldn't be too nasty. Learn to not give a shit for what the shallow kids say, and you'll be fine. It sounds to me like it's getting to your head. How about you don't let it?

And to help you out: There's a Supercard ONE review here already (nearly the same as the -i). Youtube also offers a few, I've seen them.

EDIT: PokemonV, you probably have a slow microSD card. There aren't a lot of those complaints around the net from what I've seen.

The Supercard DSONEi and the Acekardi are the best choices, anyway...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason it's a "stupid question" is because if people took the time to write a personal review to every single person who asked, nobody would get anything else done. Plus, people already HAVE posted their opinions about the cart, multiple times, in multiple places. All it takes is the search function, or simply looking through the threads to find relevant posts.

My recommendation would be to go to DSDatabase and look for his review on "CycloDS vs SCDS" as it covers the bases pretty well for both of the carts, and I tended to agree with all of his points when I read it. Do note that it is out of date for one major point: the SCDS menu is no longer as horribly slow as it was when he wrote his review. It's not blazing fast or anything, but it's much improved to the point that it's really not a problem anymore.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
The reason it's a "stupid question" is because if people took the time to write a personal review to every single person who asked, nobody would get anything else done. Plus, people already HAVE posted their opinions about the cart, multiple times, in multiple places. All it takes is the search function, or simply looking through the threads to find relevant posts.

My recommendation would be to go to DSDatabase and look for his review on "CycloDS vs SCDS" as it covers the bases pretty well for both of the carts, and I tended to agree with all of his points when I read it. Do note that it is out of date for one major point: the SCDS menu is no longer as horribly slow as it was when he wrote his review. It's not blazing fast or anything, but it's much improved to the point that it's really not a problem anymore.

Even so...Overlord didn't have to be so fuckin' MEAN about it...did he?

He could have just pointed to a link or something.

These goddam search engines are fucking useless, because they present you with so many fucking possibilities now, that it is next to impossible to choose what you actually wanted.

All's I was looking for was a simple... "Yes, I've used the card, it works pretty good, for the most part, in my experience" or

"Yes, I've used the card and it sucks, don't waste your money..."

Is it SO effing hard for someone to write that?

Jesus, it took Overlord longer to be a nasty rotten mean, selfish jackass....than it would have taken him to write what I was actually looking for.

I hate him. And everyone like him, too.

Mean people suck.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Kali, I know you mean well but you've made a lot of topics like this and it tends to annoy people, most notably the DSOrganise one (lets not open that can of worms). Most people here will rip into n00bs like a Tasmanian Devil into its dinner. I try not to be like that but quite a lot of the regulars are easily annoyed.

I believe you already have a flashcart for your DSi, do you have a problem with it or any other reason for changing? If the answer to that is no, stick with it. The 1.4 update proves that almost all the carts are updateable and not just the M3i Zero and Supercard. Both of these have good methods of updating as they do not require a DSi running the older firmware or a DSlite to update but really all they are doing is executing a file (definitely what the Supercard's updater does as the "Updater" Dongle only provides power)

I personally have a Supercard DSOne (not an "i" card) and am rather happy with it, all features work well and as I do not use cheats (never seen the point) the bad cheat engine does not cause me many problems. The Media Player in the firmware is however to put it lightly: shite. The Firmware is based off Moonshell v1.4 I believe and the creators have prohibited them from using newer versions of the application so no update will ever be available. As a result DPG playback is unusable and only MP3 files are playable.

Kalisiin

OP
Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Kali, I know you mean well but you've made a lot of topics like this and it tends to annoy people, most notably the DSOrganise one (lets not open that can of worms). Most people here will rip into n00bs like a Tasmanian Devil into its dinner. I try not to be like that but quite a lot of the regulars are easily annoyed.

I believe you already have a flashcart for your DSi, do you have a problem with it or any other reason for changing? If the answer to that is no, stick with it. The 1.4 update proves that almost all the carts are updateable and not just the M3i Zero and Supercard. Both of these have good methods of updating as they do not require a DSi running the older firmware or a DSlite to update but really all they are doing is executing a file (definitely what the Supercard's updater does as the "Updater" Dongle only provides power)

I personally have a Supercard DSOne (not an "i" card) and am rather happy with it, all features work well and as I do not use cheats (never seen the point) the bad cheat engine does not cause me many problems. The Media Player in the firmware is however to put it lightly: shite. The Firmware is based off Moonshell v1.4 I believe and the creators have prohibited them from using newer versions of the application so no update will ever be available. As a result DPG playback is unusable and only MP3 files are playable.

Well, maybe some of the regulars need to get off their high fucking horse and be a little nicer to noobs. They weren't fuckin' born knowing everything, they had to ask questions, too.

I was always told that the only stupid question was a question that you didn't ask.

And...as "easily annoyed" as the regulars are...then let them fuckin' put me on ignore if I "annoy them" so fucking badly...
IT DOES NOT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO HURT MY FUCKING FEELINGS!!
(and the very next one of them that does it is gonna fucking get reported, and Admins BETTER do something about it. I shouldn't have to take abuse like that.)

Yes, I already have a flashcart...and no real reason to change, per se...I was just intrigued by the statement that the Supercard SDONEi came with a flashing unit to protect your investment against any future DSi updates. I was just like...COOL, DOES THIS MEAN IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY INTERFERE WITH AND FUCK UP ANY UPDATE NINTENDO ASSHOLES TRY TO PULL, SO THAT THE CARD WILL ALWAYS WORK, AND I'LL NEVER HAVE TO DO AN OUNCE OF WORK TO MAKE IT WORK AGAIN?!!?!?

That's sorta what I was after. I wanted to know if that was the case. I don't use cheats either, I never even loaded the damn things onto my Acekard.

Anyway, thanks for the info...but, seriously...I'm getting just a little sick and tired of being persecuted for the awful crime of being a noob....by a bunch of fucking holier-than-thou assholes who think their shit don't stink...well, let me tell them, IT DOES!!

and their words are VERY FUCKING HURTFUL...I already have emotional difficulties as it is, I don't need fucking assholes making it worse, and perhaps causing a trip to the hospital next....IF YOU CAN'T FUCKING BE NICE TO ME THEN LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay first off, I'm gonna be blunt, you're being ENTIRELY overly sensitive to the whole thing. Seriously, he didn't even flame you or anything. All he said was "stop making these threads, they're annoying." If that's enough to set you off, then perhaps you shouldn't be on forums like this. Try to realize that no matter what is said to you over the Internet, it doesn't matter in the slightest. It's just the Internet, with people you will never see or hear from in real life, and therefore nothing to be concerned about. The anonymity of the Internet allows people to be far meaner than they would dare being when their name is on the line, and so it tends to bring out the worst in people - take 4chan's /b/ for instance.

Nevertheless, regarding this part:
Kalisiin said:
Yes, I already have a flashcart...and no real reason to change, per se...I was just intrigued by the statement that the Supercard SDONEi came with a flashing unit to protect your investment against any future DSi updates. I was just like...COOL, DOES THIS MEAN IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY INTERFERE WITH AND FUCK UP ANY UPDATE NINTENDO ASSHOLES TRY TO PULL, SO THAT THE CARD WILL ALWAYS WORK, AND I'LL NEVER HAVE TO DO AN OUNCE OF WORK TO MAKE IT WORK AGAIN?!!?!?

That's sorta what I was after. I wanted to know if that was the case.
Your original post didn't really make it clear that that's what you were looking for. Yes, you bolded the part of the official description, but it wasn't immediately obvious that you were asking how the future-proofing worked. As such, your post sounded more along the lines of "Hey I've heard of this device but haven't read anything about it and haven't done any research on it myself, but I want to know if it's good or not." Now granted it wasn't quite like that, but I'm exaggerating here just to make a point. You came across as being lazy, which is why people responded the way they did.

In answer to this question, the SCDSi doesn't do anything to prevent the DSi from being updated. The selling point of this feature is that you upgrade the firmware by using the external hardware (the USB flasher) rather than running a program directly on the DSi. Think about it - if you updated your DSi and could no longer run the homebrew device, how would you launch the .nds file used to upgrade the cart's firmware? That's all the SCDSi was advertising - that you could upgrade the firmware even if you've already upgraded your DSi and didn't have access to a DS Phat or Lite with which to flash (which is necessary for the Acekard 2i, for instance). On a complete side note, somehow the iPlayer can run its upgrade program on a DSi even if you've already installed an update for it, and I honestly have no clue how they did that.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's so funny is that everyone writes a HUGE explanation and no one reads them xD.
Just buy the card and test it out for yourself, thats the only way you will ever find out how good or not it is.
I have it, its slow to load games and save over 10 thousand cheats at one time to the micro sd card.
I prefer the Ace Kard 2i over this but I gave that one away for free.
I'm thinking of getting a iPlayer for the soul purpose of playing the GBA Games.
If I had to buy a new card I would buy the latest just to test them out myself and not rely on others likes and dislikes.
What the hell are beautiful people anyways?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG what the fuck. Why do you guys keep posting LONG posts. I don't want to read the whole thing cause all of you keep posting your posts long and I am tired of reading it.

EDIT: Anyways back to topic. Just do what DanTheManMS said go check out the reviews here is the Supercard DS One VS CycloDS thread.
http://dsdatabase.org/forum/viewtopic.php?...mp;p=6086#p6086

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
Jamstruth said:

Well, maybe some of the regulars need to get off their high fucking horse and be a little nicer to noobs. They weren't fuckin' born knowing everything, they had to ask questions, too.

I was always told that the only stupid question was a question that you didn't ask.

And...as "easily annoyed" as the regulars are...then let them fuckin' put me on ignore if I "annoy them" so fucking badly...
IT DOES NOT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO HURT MY FUCKING FEELINGS!!
(and the very next one of them that does it is gonna fucking get reported, and Admins BETTER do something about it. I shouldn't have to take abuse like that.)

That's sorta what I was after. I wanted to know if that was the case. I don't use cheats either, I never even loaded the damn things onto my Acekard.

Anyway, thanks for the info...but, seriously...I'm getting just a little sick and tired of being persecuted for the awful crime of being a noob....by a bunch of fucking holier-than-thou assholes who think their shit don't stink...well, let me tell them, IT DOES!!

and their words are VERY FUCKING HURTFUL...I already have emotional difficulties as it is, I don't need fucking assholes making it worse, and perhaps causing a trip to the hospital next....IF YOU CAN'T FUCKING BE NICE TO ME THEN LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.
You're hurting my feelings by cursing so much. Please stop.

Asking everybody in the world to be nice to you "or else" is...how do I say this?...STUPID. Deal with your emotions.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
OMG what the fuck. Why do you guys keep posting LONG posts. I don't want to read the whole thing cause all of you keep posting your posts long and I am tired of reading it.
Then don't read it. Your lack of attention span is not our problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?