Supercard DS firmware news

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by 754boy, Apr 22, 2007.

Apr 22, 2007

Supercard DS firmware news by 754boy at 2:41 AM (1,486 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. 754boy
    OP

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    From the "man" himself:

He also said that the new OS will be released by next month. [​IMG]

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    There is a God [​IMG].(thanks for the news 754boy)

3. xbman

Member xbman GBAtemp Regular

Good news for SC users - too bad for Romman I am no longer one.

4. AOforever1

Newcomer AOforever1 Advanced Member

United States
    I got both a SCone and R4DS b*o*h*s [​IMG]

5. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    My SCDS One has been collecting dust ever since I bought it, because it can't perform a lot of games as well as my SCLite does. The big problem is Animal Crossing. I use a Sandisk Ultra II, which should be fast enough. I'm not buying another microSD to solve a problem that doesn't even exist on my SCLite. If this update fixes the microSD speed problem, then I'll be thrilled. But I'm not holding my breath.

6. 754boy
    OP

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Maybe it will....probably not.......hopefully....hell I don't know lol. I had to get another SD card because the crappy Sandisk I was using ran AC like a slideshow lol. Luckily it works great in my Treo so buying another one wasn't too much of an inconvenience. Kingston JPN kick ass tho, no slowdowns whatsoever [​IMG]

7. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Awesome, can't wait for it!
    Realtime Cheats and Realtime Game Guide are probably the greatest functions, and no other flashcarts have them ATM either.

...wait...fully skinnable?? Maybe they made a new skinning engine that's easier to use so everyone can make skins so the SC DS can get as many skins as the R4 and M3S have!

Hopefully they moved the ROM info and such to the top screen so you don't have that annoying box you have to close on startup. (no, changing the INI didn't solve the problem)

Maybe they even made their own OS instead of basing it off moonshell (which they probably didn't, but it'd be awesome)

8. xbman

Member xbman GBAtemp Regular

I do like the idea of being able to enable / disable cheats in game. Some of the AR codes will cause problems if on, so it saves time having to save, disable cheats, reload, etc. However I have no regrets with the R4 and if Romman wasn't so slow in updating the firmware, didn't completly abandon their slot-2 solution and completely ignores me (we had a good relationship through IM working through some SC SD issues) I would havce gotten as DS one. I would never buy another SC product. However I am glad to hear that current SC users are getting updates and this does look like a good and long awaited one. Best of luck!

9. snipermonkeyy

Newcomer snipermonkeyy Member

United States
    Hehe... Sounds good. I'm personally hoping the most in the fully skinnable option, cuz making skins for the scds right now is pretty hard...

10. member67444

Newcomer member67444 Member

United States
  11. member67444

Newcomer member67444 Member

United States
    nvm. it is.

12. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Finally, how long have we been waiting for this update, really? I remember GBAtemp mentioning it in their review and that's four months ago!!

Hopefully this'll take the SuperCard team back to were they were before, because to me they haven't been any good since SuperCard Lite... If this doesn't fix it then I'm gonna have to leave their products behind and find a replacement (I've been promoting and selling SuperCard products in Sweden for more than a year now - but not the DS One since I don't find it reliable) :/

13. Xeijin

Member Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm interested in this game guide thing, does that mean you'd be able to see walkthroughs in game :S If so that would be awesome.