Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Spazzmaticus said:
So if I have one of the older Moonshell-based cartridges, are there still ways to apply the patch?
There is no moonshell based cartridge, just moonshell based OS, which is on your microSD. You will have to replace it with the current OS.

lancelott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makoto0729 said:
Searinox said:
I am begining to think I made a mistake by mashing the two up into a single archive. Some people are having issues with the EOS and can't tell wether it's the OS or the patch that's broken. I am going to edit the main post and fix that.

There, should be easier for people now.

For all those who report problems with the game: the only variables between users is the microSD and filesystem you are using. The Pokemon patch CANNOT be failing from those because the patch only writes to the DS memory, which is the same for every user. If you are experiencing issues, it's an OS problem. Keep your old OS and only put the patch in.

When I updated the OS from the old EOS to this one, I froze just in the system menu, and with just the ds1patch.dat file with the latest stable EOS, froze where I mentioned before, is what I was saying.

I used the SDHC version, with a 4 GB PNY MicroSD, if it helps with anything. And yes, my DS One is a DS One SDHC too, so I made sure it all checked out. The only issue I can think there might be is the brand of MicroSD card or maybe filesystem... People reeeeeally like Kingston for these, and I have just regular FAT, not FAT32.
This is along the lines of what's going on with mine. Supercard DS One SDHC with a Fat32 class 6 SDHC. I had SP 1 on there and with all the SP2 beta files it won't load my games menu. I haven't done that much testing with just the nds1patch.dat but why wouldn't it load up the games menu?

Melikepie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work for r4? If so how to use? Thanks :]
yaywii.gif

lordhell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thanks man, it's working great here!

BTW, with this SP2 beta i resolved another problem that i was having even with the old moonshell OS based. The game "The World Ends With You" was always freezing on the opening (the opening that i'm talking about it's that right after you fight the first frog). And now with this SP2 beta it's solved!

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The new OS has some issues, like not being able to boot slot-2 without an external app. But I used today's opportunity to also report other issues and I used it in full.
wink.gif

yez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol.... Does this work on the R4?
I just had to ask that question for the sake of it.

Also, what did they do to fix it? Cant that be applied to other flashcarts now?

Gazooki

Trophies
XP
Country
yez said:
lol.... Does this work on the R4?
I just had to ask that question for the sake of it.

*facepalm*

Even if that was meant sarcastically, it wasn't funny in the slightest.

Also no, it doesn't, and at this rate it probably never will.

lancelott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
The new OS has some issues, like not being able to boot slot-2 without an external app. But I used today's opportunity to also report other issues and I used it in full.
wink.gif
Did you report my issue of the OS not loading fully? Freezing before the games are shown?

I was thinking maybe if I got rid of directories it might load. That's a variable I considered but haven't tried yet. Did you have directories that EVO OS saw when having the new OS work? Or do you have a model other than DS One SDHC?

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
You know I always wondered about getting a SuperCard DSone but I'm kinda cheap I guess lol. It always seemed like a good option. But I do love my Acekard
smile.gif

brofaux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The past few posts have been confusing me..

I have a TTDS and I am able to have Moonshell on it.
Is there a way to have this patch work with it?

lordhell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
brofaux said:
The past few posts have been confusing me..

I have a TTDS and I am able to have Moonshell on it.
Is there a way to have this patch work with it?

No it's only works on Supercard DSOne

MarioMaciel

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This SP2 Beta really increases the speed. As lordhell said, The World Ends With You know fully works, FINALLY!! It had for ever the intro freeze problem and now, It`s fixed, thanks to this Pokemon ap.
I was having my doubts about supercard team, and I was thinking about getting an Acekard, but they proved me wrong. Thanks supercard team.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aegis said:
So is there any way we can know how it was fixed?
I highly doubt even a single one of the flashcards team out there will ever release this info. After all, having Pokémon working on your card and not on the competitors is a huge boost on sales.
So why'd they go around throwing a good opportunity like this one out of the window by releasing the info?
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: