SuperCard DS 1 Questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by geokilla, Jun 30, 2008.

Jun 30, 2008

SuperCard DS 1 Questions by geokilla at 4:27 AM (3,700 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. geokilla
    OP

Member geokilla GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hi guys. My SuperCard came in today and so I have a few questions.

1. How do I compose the cheat and guide file?

2. How do I access the stuff at the top of the SuperCard menu?

3. When I save the game, does it save into the game or does it save into the save file? How would I make it save into the save file and not the game if it saves into the game instead? Also, how to multi-save?

4. How do I swap the menu?

5. What should I set the read speed of my Sandisk 8GB Class 4 to?

If I got any more questions, I'll add them into the thread here. Thanks for all your help. I'm reading the SuperCard review to see if there's anything that I can learn about the SuperCard.

2. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    1. You can download the cheats off of jmr's site. You can find it on the Supercard Forums. I'll find you the link. Not sure about the Guide though.

2. Press L+A

3.makes a save file. And to use the multi-save, select a game (Don't click, or press A) and at the bottom, it says "change", "Multisaver" and "Set Patch". Click Multisaver, and press add. Wait for a few seconds, and it should be there.

4. By swap, if you mean to change the screens, upside down, etc, then L+A.

5. Press L+A, press the "Other" button at the top of the touchscreen, and click AUTO SET SD SPEED.

And since you're using the same card I am, you better get the Hacked DSTT firmware as well. Or aka, the Triple OS. THe SCDS1 firmware with the Sandisk card may freeze quite often, so if you have a game that requires fast speed, then choose the DSTT, or the YSMenu.

Hope this helps.

3. KD-JIL

Newcomer KD-JIL Member

United States
    1) There's a tutorial on how to make your own .scc cheat file at sccheats.co.uk. You pretty much make guides the same way except you just directly use the supercard's conversion program and you put the guide into a different folder than the cheats.

2) As ojsinnerz pointed out, you can hit L+A to make the menu touchscreen. Alternatively, you can hold down R and use the directional buttons.

3) Already answered.

4) Answered.

5) I'm not sure how effective it is but there is an option to have it automatically choose it for you on one of those upper menus.

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
  5. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for the fast replies guys. Tinkered around with the SuperCard menu this morning and I got more questions. Thanks in advance.

Uhh, I have no idea what triple OS booting is. But I'll just stick with the SCDS1 firmware. BTW, that's what I meant when I said swapping the menu.

1. This cheat file works fine right?

2. So the save file is directly on my memory card right? And for some games, it says the save size is unknown so what should I set the save size to?

3. If I load the game, which save file would the game load from? Example: I have two Pokemon files, one's for my sister, and the other's mine. Say I saved my game through pokemon, then if my sister is to play on her file, would she have to load her game each time through the multisaver thing, while when she saves the game, she can just save it in pokemon. Sorry if it's confusing.

4. I have the SD read speed at Auto read, which turns out it's set to "other (06)". What is 5X equivalent to when set to other? Would there be a problem if I set the read speed to something like 30 even though my memory may only be capable of 20?

5. At the top menu icon, at Saver, there's different size options. Should I just leave it at 512K?

6. Should I enable DMA mode? Does it make a big difference?

7. If downloadplay is fine, I don't need to check fix download play I assume.

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully, that'll be the end of them.

6. Minox

Sweden
    1. Your link isn't working.
    2. If you update your ndsinfo.dat in the scshell directory with a an updated version from http://www.sccheats.co.uk/ then you'll have the save size set correctly. Otherwise you could use the standard save size or look up what kind of save size it has and set it manually.
    3. (I've never used multisaver so I don't know the answer to that question)
    4. If you set it to high, most games will not be able to execute.
    5. I haven't seen any reason to change it.
    6. Don't enable DMA unless it's needed as it draws a little more power if enabled.
    7. Most of the time Download Play doesn't work if that patch isn't enabled. So if you want to use it, then you should enable it.

7. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Link fixed. Thanks for your response Minox. Others, please respond as well. Thanks in advance.

8. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    no them cheats wont work with the scdsone menu but they will if you use the Multi-Bootloader as the TTmenu & YSmenu both use the USRCHEAT.DAT

9. Minox

Sweden
    No you'll need .scc files if you want to use cheats with the Scds1. Narin is planning to make .scc cheatfiles, but atm the best source for .scc are SCcheats

10. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    1. Thanks. I'll take a look and stuff.

2. Thanks. I'll update it right now and edit my post with the result.

Thanks guys. It now shows the correct info and stuff.

3. Can someone help with the multisaver question? The question was:

If I load the game, which save file would the game load from? Example: I have two Pokemon files, one's for my sister, and the other's mine. Say I saved my game through pokemon, then if my sister is to play on her file, would she have to load her game each time through the multisaver thing, while when she saves the game, she can just save it in pokemon. Sorry if it's confusing.

4. All right, but what should I set the SD speed to? At auto, the auto SD speed was set to other (06). I think I can manually set it higher, but I'm not too sure. Also, what is 5X equivalent to when set to other? Would there be a problem if I set the read speed to something like 30 even though my memory may only be capable of 20? My SD card is in sig.

5. Thanks. I'll leave it as is then. What is "Saver" supposed to do anyways?

6. Besides the battery impact, DMA is supposed to speed up the MicroSD I believe?

7. When you say patch, what are you talking about?

More questions....sorry

8. Other>Enable Patch. Do I need this checked? I don't think I do, but I wanna make sure before I uncheck it.

9. Even though I have a Class 4 MicroSD, I tried to watch a DPG file (Bleach 154) and I was getting some video lag. The audio was in sync though. I tried changing the SD speed from "other (06)" to "5X" to "other (20)" and I still got lag. Is there a way to fix this or is it because it's reading the memory card slow?

Thanks.

11. sadak5

Member sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Actually, for the cheat file (if you need to make one) and the guide file, there are instructions in the main supercard official site, also, there is a program to convert the cheat files (and codes) to the supported .scc and the same program is to make the guides. Also, the patching program is there too.

For the set patch thingy, I actually never used that (and never used cheats), and have no problem, except for Puzzle quest when it was dumped, but I play the games always unpatched. Simply drag and rop to my MicroSD

12. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Thanks everyone. Got a few more....lol. >.

13. Minox

Sweden
    1. Gamefaqs, but you'll have to convert them yourself.

2. It has auto DLDI patching

3. Lmp-ng has never supported videos, not even in the alpha version.

5. Not as I'm aware.

14. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    All right. Thanks Minox. Can someone else answer the other three questions?

2. Did anyone get the following homebrews to work on SCDS1?

Morning Timer
    iPod (Lick's Media Player) The alpha version didn't work, but the stable one did. However, the stable one is lacking the Playlist feature. Or is there a better iPod player out there?

3. At the moment for Pokemon, I have 3 save files. Two of them say "No Saver" while the third says "Default Saver". So whenever I save a game in Pokemon, it'll load the default saver?

4. How do I delete the extra "No Saver" files?

15. Minox

Sweden
    2. I got Morning Timer to work for me on my Scds1.
    Lmp-ng still doesn't support any videos at all, just music.

16. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Woops sorry. I forgot to take videos out of that copy and paste. I need the playlist to work. If you have Lmp-ng Minox, does playlist work on yours? If it does, is yours the Alpha?

17. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    2. Morning timer worked before. I've tried it a long time ago....

Indeed, the Lmp was only made to play music, and cannot do anything else.

3. Well, how it works is, if you have more than one save, make another save file the default file, then you're playing it. You can switch it back doing the same.

4. I've been trying to do that myself. So far, no luck. I believe that you have to delete them manually.

18. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Hey guys, where do you get your skins? I found a couple here on GBA Temp > Download.

19. Minox

Sweden
  20. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but the SuperCard auto sets my SD read speed to 5X. I have to manually set it to 25X. Is there a defect or something?

And I still can't get some of the hombrews listed in the earlier posts to work >.>. Did anyone have any trouble with them?