Supercard dash/interface questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by mabhz, Nov 16, 2006.

Nov 16, 2006
  1. mabhz
    OP

Newcomer mabhz Member

Brazil
    Hi all...

i´m about to decide about purchasing either a Supercard lite or a M3 lite for my recently purchased NDS lite.

I just would like to see some pictures of the dash interfaces, the menus that will appear when i boot to the flashcard. I know th M3 has a nice interface with icons, where u see a guitar, a joystick, and some other stuff. I would like to see how the Supercard menu looks like.

Im not a unix-like fan, i really prefer icons and a pretty interface. Hows the Supercard concerning that??

anyone got a link to pictures???

comments??

thanks!

UPDATE: i got this picture: http://forums.maxconsole.net/attachment.ph...73&d=1162764982
    Is this the whole menu of Supercard lite??? Do i have different tabs for games, music, videos, etc, or are they ALL listed on a single one name per line list under the LISTS tab??? (messy...)

2. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    SuperCard firmware doesn't have any extra features, only a file browser. Use MoonShell for media, it's much better.

3. Dippingbirdie

Newcomer Dippingbirdie Member

Singapore
    I hate the interface of the Supercard Lite (I own one) and would trade it, with additional cash for a G6 Lite or M3 Lite...

If you're the sort that likes to begin your message with capital letters, organize your files etc.... I assure you wouldn't like the SC Lite.

4. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    supercard menu is FAST. M3 menu is SLOW

5. twomix

Newcomer twomix Member

Indonesia
    i can live with supercard menu interface
    it's simple
    what we need is compatibility game
    anyway chinese m3 unable to converse to english above v15? be careful

6. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    well up untill 1.70 firmware come out you could skin your own supercard menu
    examples
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

but you cant any more it looks like this now
    [​IMG]

7. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    the supercard menu is fine for what it needs to be. the only problem i have with it is the dodgy ordering, and the fact it doesn't use the whole screen.

other than that, it's extremely quick to just select a game (which is what you'll be doing 90% of the time) and for media or anything else you can just boot up moonshell. which, incidentally, you also have to do with the M3 (unless you want to use the GB Movie Player formats, which no one ever does), they just called it "extend menu" or something.

8. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    And that the "SAVER" "OPTIONS" and "HELP" tab are useless.

9. mabhz
    OP

Newcomer mabhz Member

Brazil
    Does anyone knows if there are plans from Supercard to change the meny style so it will look like all the others flashcard (pretty and usefull!!!) in the near future or they will stick to this horrible dos-like menu forever????

thanks!

10. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

if u want performance the Supercard is for you because the dos interface is what makes the card more faster.

if u want good graphical interface go for M3 Lite but be warned that the card is slow when loading and so forth.

Supercard might not have plans of changing the skin of the interface