SuperCard calls out Team Cyclops and calls them FA

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Xandu, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Xandu
    OP

Member Xandu GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    The SuperCard Team has called out Team Cyclops and is calling them FAKES! They feel that Team Cyclops is an exact duplicate of SuperCard's own products and that the fakes will damage your data.

All CYCLODS Fake SuperCard have common features:
    • The Fake will corrupt your SAVE DATA.
    • The Fake is very hard to insert and plug out.
    • CYCLODS microSD/MiniSD/SD version can only use our SuperCard SD version firmware and software, it can not use SuperCard Lite version firmware and software.
    • Play a lot of DS games will white screen. Especially the 0094 -- Akumajou Dracula - Aoitsuki no Juujika (v01) (JP).
    • CYCLODS microSD version can NOT totally insert into SLOT 2 of NDSL.
    This is the package of CYCLODS.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

CYCLODS microSD version can NOT totally insert into SLOT 2 of NDSL.
    CLICK HERE TO VIEW IMAGE

CYCLODS microSD version has a battery. Original SuperCard Lite do not need a battery.
    [​IMG]

CYCLODS micro version menu only change the down screen picture, actually it use our SuperCard SD version software.
    [​IMG]

Source: DCEmu

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Source: Somewhere else on this forum!

3. Xandu
    OP

Member Xandu GBAtemp Regular

Egypt
    I haven't seen it, could you link please?

4. yukine

Member yukine GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Interesting, and rather humorous as people have been claiming the CYCLODS as the next best thing. [​IMG]

5. xiaNaix

Member xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wouldn't be the first time Divineo/Supreme stole someone else's work to create their own product. This is what they have been doing for years. Why is anyone surprised?

6. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    two weeks later--> Sc comes up with Cyclods Evolution clone

7. Bowser128

Member Bowser128 King Koopa

United Kingdom
    Has everyone forgotten that the Supercard CF was just a GBAMP (M2) with a bit of cheap RAM stuck in it?

8. htoxad

Member htoxad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did anyone even buy the CycloDS slot 2 device?

9. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    i dunno about that mate, but i'm enjoying 99.99% perfect ds rom compatabilty, coupled with a AR/Dipstar real time cheat engine with no slow down, as well as real time book/guide features on my gbamp (m2) clone, even after all this time. Not to mention those naughty SC cloney pirates scaggerbonds are only still providing excelent support (zelda fixed in 2 hours???) ..

that's one hell of a card that ole M2 [​IMG] makes you wonder why they bothered with the M3

10. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    This does kind of remind me of Popcap having a go at casual game makers for cloning other people's games, when several of Popcap's most successful games have been blatant knockoffs of other popular titles (Zuma anyone?).

Still, you can't underestimate SC's contribution to the flashcart business, even if their first product was a modified clone - it was still the first product able to run commercial GBA games off an external memory card, and that's a concept thats been carried on through the SCSD/Lite, M3, eWin 2, and all the MicroSD-based Slot 1 cards that followed them.

11. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=54294&st=0

And well, it was known since a long time ago. And because it was a shitty cart nobody cared about, sc didn't do anything about it. But now that CycloDS also released a decent unique cart which pwns sc's slot 1 attempt in every way, suddenly it's necessary to complain about their old cart that also existed...

12. IxthusTiger

Member IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    No honor among thieves?

CycloDS Evo is becoming the next big thing, and NOW Supercard starts to complain about last-gen carts. They should examine their roots and see that they are not so different from Team Cyclops. Both were "inspired" by the work of another team and eventually made original contributions. Seems hypocritical.

13. dman777

Newcomer dman777 Advanced Member

United States
    I've been reading nothing but good reviews about the Evolution and how good Team Cyclops is about keeping thier firmware updated. The supercard is such a simple and basic device it's kind of hard not to make one that isn't similar. And anyways, I don't care. What I care about is if the Evolution is a good product and if Team Cyclops keeps thier firmware updated, and by the looks of all thier reviews and looking at thier firmware releases it looks like they are doing an A++ job. Dude.... I can get 8 gigs on my DS with the evolution, how cool is that??????????? I don't care what the competition cries about with thier outdated products.