Supercard and the ds lite

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Azimuth, Jun 3, 2006.

Jun 3, 2006

Supercard and the ds lite by Azimuth at 6:19 PM (2,110 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Azimuth
    OP

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    i was just wondering if it would be physically possible to make the supercard small enough as to not stick out of the ds lite at all.....if they can then what media would they use...... does anyone have pictures of a supercard mini sd in a ds lite

2. Darkspark

Member Darkspark GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Im interested in seeing how ugly it looks too.

Ive asked Cheapmod if they stock white transparent Supercards, or perhaps even solid white plastic supercards.
    They said they can only get them in blue, whereas they used to be avaliable in 4 different colours.
    I guess if you get black lite, you wont notice how much it sticks out. Since the dark blue will tend to melt into the lites body.

About the size. I would also like pics of how the supercard SD looks on a ds lite. From theory, looking at a normal supercard minisd, that sticks out about half a centimeter, I would say an SD card sticks out 40-50 mm extra.

3. Azimuth
    OP

Canada
    it really spoils the sleekness of the ds lite, i hope they come out with an even smaller supercard that fits the lite perfectly

4. Tipmen999

Banned Tipmen999 Banned

United States
    it sticks out...and it makes it kinda crap lookin

5. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Agreed, the SuperCard Mini-SD doesn't take away that much of the console's sleek design. The SD and CF-version on the other hand... [​IMG]

6. Azimuth
    OP

Canada
    that settles it im getting a ds lite on june 6th
    and ill be ordering a supercard mini sd shortly after

7. Darkspark

Member Darkspark GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Does anyone want to swap supercards?
    Ill include a free 512MB memory card [​IMG] with it.

8. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    You mean swap/trade your SuperCard SD + 512MB memory card for a SuperCard Mini-SD? I just might take that offer [​IMG]

9. monkey

Member monkey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It doesn't bother me that much that it sticks out but the nasty transparent blue/purple color is pretty bad. I'm thinking about trying some spray paint. Seriously, anybody tried painting a flash cart? Will the paint damage the cart in any way (assuming obviously that I keep it away from the contacts, etc.)

I'm thinking some nice glossy spraypaint, maybe even the appliance enamel I have in my basement, would make it look more like part of the DS lite...

10. bennyx8903

Newcomer bennyx8903 Advanced Member

Canada
    T_T my supercard SD looks so ugly with white lite. before my old ds was blue that the supercard looked really good with it. but now ... [​IMG] eww....

seeking new solutions...M3 mini pro? G6 lite pro? or EZ4 lite TF? any suggestions?

11. akuma99

Member akuma99 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was lucky that when I got my Supercard SD it was the transparent one so it doesn't look too bad sticking out of the DS Lite. Also on the subject of painting it I don't know about yours but my supercard has two screws that hold the case together. I once took it apart to clean the contacts. So if yours will come apart just take it apart and remove the board inside. Then you can paint the case without worrying about getting the contacts messed up. By the way my Supercard sd sticks out of the DS Lite approx. 15/16th of an inch but the CF version is even worse.

12. monkey

Member monkey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think i'll try it soon -- maybe with my old EZFlash cart first since I won't be too upset if that gets trashed somehow. I don't mind it sticking out so much, it's really not in the way or anything -- but it would be nice if it matched.

13. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    I have a DS Lite & a Supercard SD & I'd rather have Supercards functionality & ease of use over other cards. I don't care if it sticks out.

14. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I've got a supercard in the DS lite and it looks massive. The supercard is great for the normal DS for the lite you really need the supercard mini. Hopefully I'm getting one soon.

15. SkuiD87

Member SkuiD87 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've got a Supercard MiniSD with Black DSLite. It helps that it's black...the purple plastic doesn't look as bad. I'm pretty happy with it actually...sticks out a little....so still not perfect. I'm gonna wait a while till all the issies with the Lite sized carts are smoothed out and perhaps when the prices come down a little.

Here are some pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. xxx_boy

Newcomer xxx_boy Member

United Kingdom
    the mini SD suoercard has the same size of GBA cart.
    Maybe 10mm stick out