Supercard and Final Fantasy V

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by pocpocpocky, Nov 15, 2006.

Nov 15, 2006
  1. pocpocpocky
    OP

Newcomer pocpocpocky Newbie

Bangladesh
    Sorry guys, i dont' know if this is the right forum to ask, but recently I've been playing with Final Fantasy V with my supercard, but the usual L+R+A+select or L+R+B+select to save the game method just gives me a please wait screen and then froze my GBA. If i don't do that, everytime I turn on my FFV the save will be gone.. can someone pls help me out with this? thanks

2. caitsith2

Member caitsith2 GBAtemp Regular

a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
    Canada
    You need to use the Quick Power cycle method to save your game in that case. (Turn your NDS/GBA off, then on quickly, then navigate to the game save file, and overwrite it.)

3. bionicspider

Newcomer bionicspider Member

United States
    Did you upgrade to the newest firmware? If so, the QPC (quickly turning your DS on/off) saving method will no longer work.

Patched with the appropriate options, in-game saving and "save state" both work with their key combinations on my SC Lite.

Try this: make sure your FF V rom is patched with the "restart" option; do an in-game save, then do an L+R+Start+Select to reboot to the SC menu; navigate to the "saver" tab and select FF V's .sav file, writing the save to flash memory. This is sort of like the QPC method, only you don't quickly turn your DS off/on.