Hacking Supercard A data class 6 setting?

gekiwolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my Supercard and an A data 4 gig flash. I played the Castlevania DoS intro and it still lagged. The PoR one played just fine. Im wondering if the setting is right (I have it at 5x) or if its just that DoS is just like that.

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try bumping up the speed to 30 in 'other' ... to save the setting you need 'save menu' in the options at the top.

A tip.. the top menus are activated (chosen) by pushing 'right' on the cross (digipad) and not by a,b,x,y buttons, i thought i'd mention it because a lot of new users don't realise as myself when i first
got a scds1.

other tips, try formatting to fat16, 4gb is the max and also you can run the game from the Y's or DSTT menu using the tripple OS booter.

gekiwolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. How would I format it to fat16?

Also I used HD Tach with my 2G kingston jpn and the A data 4GB class 6 and got better results with the kingston.
huh.gif

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has more to do with access times and less to do with the speed of the memory card, thats why the kingston would be faster.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saladman said:
You could try bumping up the speed to 30 in 'other' ... to save the setting you need 'save menu' in the options at the top.

A tip.. the top menus are activated (chosen) by pushing 'right' on the cross (digipad) and not by a,b,x,y buttons, i thought i'd mention it because a lot of new users don't realise as myself when i first
got a scds1.

The upper menu on my SCDS1 is activated by holding down the right trigger and moving the d-pad (directional pad) left or right choose the menu. Then you can move up and down the individual menus using up and down on the d-pad. To select an option on the menu, highlight it and press right on the d-pad.
To use the "other" speed setting, first you must select the "auto set speed" option first. You will then be taken to an app that will test your uSD card and offer you the oppurtunity to save the setting under the "other" setting in the speed selection menu. My A-Data 4GB was given a 30 as saladman says.

gekiwolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dipper145 said:
It has more to do with access times and less to do with the speed of the memory card, thats why the kingston would be faster.

Didnt know that. I always thought it had to do with the class
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the app saladman im gonna format it and try it out and set it to 30 like you and gratefulbuddy said.

Edit: I tried it out and it still lags but less. So there is definitely a performance improvement also the gui is more responsive on the scds gui and the dstt gui. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
dipper145 said:
The only Kingston microSD's that has better accesstimes than A-data 4GB class 6 is the Kingston 1GB (Japan). All other Kingstons has a little higher accesstimes. Kingston 4GB (Taiwan) is very close to the two mentioned above though.

doom5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually found with top-end SD readers (GL827 controller) and by using CF_Bench on the DS itself, the A-Data actually has lower seek times than my 1GB Kingston JPN and 1GB Kingston Taiwan.

Best solution? Use the DSTT loader. It's faster by far for games. I can play Dawn of Sorrow on my crappy 1gb taiwan card with no intro video lag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)