Supercard A data class 6 setting?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by gekiwolf, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008
  1. gekiwolf
    OP

Newcomer gekiwolf Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    I got my Supercard and an A data 4 gig flash. I played the Castlevania DoS intro and it still lagged. The PoR one played just fine. Im wondering if the setting is right (I have it at 5x) or if its just that DoS is just like that.

2. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
    You could try bumping up the speed to 30 in 'other' ... to save the setting you need 'save menu' in the options at the top.

A tip.. the top menus are activated (chosen) by pushing 'right' on the cross (digipad) and not by a,b,x,y buttons, i thought i'd mention it because a lot of new users don't realise as myself when i first
    got a scds1.

other tips, try formatting to fat16, 4gb is the max and also you can run the game from the Y's or DSTT menu using the tripple OS booter.

3. gekiwolf
    OP

Puerto Rico
    Thanks for the help. How would I format it to fat16?

Also I used HD Tach with my 2G kingston jpn and the A data 4GB class 6 and got better results with the kingston. [​IMG]

4. dipper145

Member dipper145 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It has more to do with access times and less to do with the speed of the memory card, thats why the kingston would be faster.

5. Saladman

Newcomer Saladman Advanced Member

United States
  6. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    The upper menu on my SCDS1 is activated by holding down the right trigger and moving the d-pad (directional pad) left or right choose the menu. Then you can move up and down the individual menus using up and down on the d-pad. To select an option on the menu, highlight it and press right on the d-pad.
    To use the "other" speed setting, first you must select the "auto set speed" option first. You will then be taken to an app that will test your uSD card and offer you the oppurtunity to save the setting under the "other" setting in the speed selection menu. My A-Data 4GB was given a 30 as saladman says.

7. gekiwolf
    OP

Puerto Rico
    Didnt know that. I always thought it had to do with the class [​IMG] .

Thanks for the app saladman im gonna format it and try it out and set it to 30 like you and gratefulbuddy said.

Edit: I tried it out and it still lags but less. So there is definitely a performance improvement also the gui is more responsive on the scds gui and the dstt gui. Thanks to everyone who helped.

8. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    The only Kingston microSD's that has better accesstimes than A-data 4GB class 6 is the Kingston 1GB (Japan). All other Kingstons has a little higher accesstimes. Kingston 4GB (Taiwan) is very close to the two mentioned above though.

9. doom5

Newcomer doom5 Member

United States
    I've actually found with top-end SD readers (GL827 controller) and by using CF_Bench on the DS itself, the A-Data actually has lower seek times than my 1GB Kingston JPN and 1GB Kingston Taiwan.

Best solution? Use the DSTT loader. It's faster by far for games. I can play Dawn of Sorrow on my crappy 1gb taiwan card with no intro video lag.