Not open for further replies.

guitarpro411

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 4 gigabyte sd card that I wanted to use with Supercard for my DS. But then I remembered it had to be fat16 which is limited to 2 gigabytes (correct me if im wrong..)

Anyway I was under the impression that there was nothing I could do. I did some research and I stumbled apone this little piece of software from HP that allowed me to convert my 4 gb SD to fat while keeping the same capacity. Not sure how or why but it worked with supercard so thats all that matters.

So is this known information or did I do the impossible?
yaynds.gif

Heres the software I used to do it

hp format software

Just thought I should spread the information...

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the program & info guitarpro411, I’ll give it a try.
And if your right, then this is an excellent find.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about you Renegade, but like, my collection so far hasn't even gotten up to the 300 rom #. It takes up more than 4 gb allready. I guess if you only put one region of each rom in there, you might be able to get away with it under 4 gb. My ds rom set on my supercard is like 2gb with only 26 roms on there.

Oh, and thanks for the info man. I just saw a 4gb card at Fry's for 90 dollars, and I was interested, but at the same time knew that my SC could only handle 2gb. This changes everything.

guitarpro411

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to give some more info on it..

Im using an A-data 4gb card (80 bucks from newegg!
toot.gif
)
DS lite
Supercard
Datel Max Media Launcher

I wanted to make sure that this wasnt a fluke, so I filled up the card and everything was okay. Then I formated it back to fat32 and back to fat/fat16 and filled it up again and it worked just fine.

Glad I could help some people!!
grog.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No it's no fluke, people have been running 4GB with Supercard for a long time now. The trick is to format in FAT with non standard cluster size.

Hopefully now 8GB are becoming available, the SC team will change the file system to FAT32 8). I hope by Christmas that 16GB will be available too.

akuma99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Argh !!! You just cost me $90
biggrin.gif
Not in a bad way it's just that I got a new 4gb card for another reason and just out of curiosity I tried the program you posted and it worked now I have a 4gb card for my supercard and must buy another one to replace it to use in my new camera. So thank you I had heard that it was possible to use 4gb cards in the supercard but it required mucking about with the cluster size and I wasn't too keen on that so I resolved myself to getting a 2gb card. Oh well now I have 6gb altogether.
grog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision +1