Super UFO Pro 8 SA1 lock on question...

jwitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My UFO cart has just arrived, and I'm aware of a feature where you use the slot on top to play special chip games by attaching a relevant game on top? Has anyone had success with this?

My PAL SNES has a 50/60hz switch. If I wanted to play the NTSC Kirby's Dreamland 3 for example off the SD, and bought another cheap SA1 chip game such PGA Tour 96 (PAL version) to attach to the top, would it work?

Thanks

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have the ufo pro. seems there isn't any success doing that. it is possible to rip the rom from your cartridge and play it with the cart on top. but it only seems usefull for language patching

jwitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the ufo pro. seems there isn't any success doing that. it is possible to rip the rom from your cartridge and play it with the cart on top. but it only seems usefull for language patching

Hi, sorry for the the late reply.

So if I got a Japanese copy of Marvelous, I would be able to play the translated version in the dram with the Japanese cart on top? Do you know if it would only accept the ripped rom from the cartridge, and not just one from the net?

Since it rips in .UFO format, I was also wondering if patching utilities work with that format? Or is it a case of just renaming the extension to sfc?

Thanks

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Haven't really tried doing that yet. but it seems my copy of yoshi's island only runs with the ripped .UFO not with the one i found online (probably because it's another region). If I have some time later i'll try some things

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for the late reply.

star fox and yoshi's island only work with the ripped rom from cart.
found footage online where someone was able to load a rom of megaman x2 and x3 with rockman x2 and x3 on top.
all the dsp1 games are playable with mariokart except for pilotwings and bases loaded 2 (wich are lorom dsp1's)

I am also curious what the sa-1 does. pga tour 96 is supercheap and common, would be epic to be able to play mariorpg that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: