ROM Hack Super Smash Flash Port

Rayyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont have any experience with programming or anything so i cant help, but i think that this would be great
smile.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PC version that's downloadable isn't a flash projector, so it might not be flash.

Even then, we'd need the source code to port it, and only the creator knows that. Too bad we don't have a real smash bros coming for the DS. We've been waiting for years and there hasn't been a single piece of news. It's probably not coming.

Edit: What did he say when he told you that you could do it? Did he offer any help, because I don't think there's a simple way of porting the game to the DS without the source code.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The PC version that's downloadable isn't a flash projector, so it might not be flash.

Even then, we'd need the source code to port it, and only the creator knows that. Too bad we don't have a real smash bros coming for the DS. We've been waiting for years and there hasn't been a single piece of news. It's probably not coming.

Edit: What did he say when he told you that you could do it? Did he offer any help, because I don't think there's a simple way of porting the game to the DS without the source code.

There isn't Analog for the DS... Except the Touch screen, but I doubt anyone would want Touch Screen + SSB.

That's probably the reason why.

~Nero

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

There isn't Analog for the DS... Except the Touch screen, but I doubt anyone would want Touch Screen + SSB.

That's probably the reason why.

~Nero

IMO, Touch screen and SSB won't be that bad. Super Smash Flash doesn't even use analog, but it's still a good game, so does a SSB game even need analog or some non-dpad type of input? I think the only reason why is because SSB has always been on the home consoles, and the Wii version is coming out. I don't think they'd have two different SSB games on two different consoles though.

^I hope that sentence made sense, I'm writing half asleep.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
My question is: with all the awesome homebrew out there, why hasn't anyone even MENTIONED a super smash bros clone/remake?
Because Nintendo will sure make SSB for the DS besides I don't think that anyone will code something as big and hard as that.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
My question is: with all the awesome homebrew out there, why hasn't anyone even MENTIONED a super smash bros clone/remake?

Because Nintendo will sure make SSB for the DS besides I don't think that anyone will code something as big and hard as that.
ninty said there not

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think they'd make an SSB for the DS, it may either be too problematic to reach the benchmark that Brawl has set lately and there is a grave chance they may ruin the SSB name.
Also the screen may be a bit too small for it.

But nonetheless i am a supporter of the SSB to DS, and it would be too awesome to see such a game on the DS. But sadly i don't thinnk we'll ever see such a thing =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4