Super Smash Flash Port

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Icyfrodo, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Icyfrodo
    OP

Icyfrodo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2007
    United States
    You know it's just an idea but still, there's this game super smash flash that I think would be a great game to be ported to the DS .
    Link for the game :
    http://www.mcleodgaming.com/index.php?page=downloads

I can't do it so I just i'd put it here, if someone is interested in the project, and yes I already e-mailed the game creator and he gave permission to do it .

2. Rayyy

Rayyy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2007
    Canada
    i dont have any experience with programming or anything so i cant help, but i think that this would be great [​IMG]

3. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    It would have to be a complete rewrite. Flash doesn't port...

4. Rayyy

Rayyy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2007
    Canada
    what does port? and how do you do it?

5. Icyfrodo
    OP

Icyfrodo Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2007
    United States
    I don't really know how to port or progam anything I just put it here, to see if anyone could do it ^^

6. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    The PC version that's downloadable isn't a flash projector, so it might not be flash.

Even then, we'd need the source code to port it, and only the creator knows that. Too bad we don't have a real smash bros coming for the DS. We've been waiting for years and there hasn't been a single piece of news. It's probably not coming.

Edit: What did he say when he told you that you could do it? Did he offer any help, because I don't think there's a simple way of porting the game to the DS without the source code.

7. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    There isn't Analog for the DS... Except the Touch screen, but I doubt anyone would want Touch Screen + SSB.

That's probably the reason why.

~Nero

8. Kirby102

Kirby102 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    No need for analog, this is proven with the Wii Remote itself for Brawl. The DS is basically a Classic Controller, without the analog sticks.

9. iritegood

May 15, 2007
    United States
    IMO, Touch screen and SSB won't be that bad. Super Smash Flash doesn't even use analog, but it's still a good game, so does a SSB game even need analog or some non-dpad type of input? I think the only reason why is because SSB has always been on the home consoles, and the Wii version is coming out. I don't think they'd have two different SSB games on two different consoles though.

^I hope that sentence made sense, I'm writing half asleep.

10. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Jan 14, 2006
    Brazil
    Brazil
    Well.. how can I say that.. this game sucks! I don't see any reason to port it [​IMG]

11. iritegood

May 15, 2007
    United States
    After playing it, I have to say that the AI is dumb, the graphics are subpar and the gameplay sucks. But other then that, everything is fine. :/

12. wiki

wiki GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2006
    The controls and gameplay are terrible. If anything, I'd rather see the original N64 smash get ported to the DS.

13. iritegood

May 15, 2007
    United States
    With more characters of course.

My question is: with all the awesome homebrew out there, why hasn't anyone even MENTIONED a super smash bros clone/remake?

14. Noitora

Noitora ::

Aug 9, 2007
    Greece
    Athens
    Because Nintendo will sure make SSB for the DS besides I don't think that anyone will code something as big and hard as that.

15. modshroom128

modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 24, 2006
    United States
    ninty said there not

16. macherie

macherie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2007
    I don't think they'd make an SSB for the DS, it may either be too problematic to reach the benchmark that Brawl has set lately and there is a grave chance they may ruin the SSB name.
    Also the screen may be a bit too small for it.

But nonetheless i am a supporter of the SSB to DS, and it would be too awesome to see such a game on the DS. But sadly i don't thinnk we'll ever see such a thing =(