Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ha! I see you all comming into this topic shitting your pants
tongue.gif
It's about the n64 version
shy.gif
A prety weird review! What do you guys think was it really that bad?

http://www.elecplay.com/reviews_article.php?article=411

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wel companies make sequals of the worst games! Bratz and eeh dogz and eeh catz and horsez...

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Captain Falcon (from StarFox)

LOL
rofl2.gif

Ya, I loled hard on that too. This guy has no idea what he is talking about and probably has never even played the game. What a joke.

Take the following quote for example,
QUOTEPROS
  * StarFox uses a light sabre
CONS
  * A scam
  * Low-grade crap pretending to be a Nintendo star-studded event
  * A sham
  * Cheap
  * Paltry
Notice how none of the cons have any game related comments. That's because he has never played the game before and can't actually think of bad points. Anyone can say any game is "cheap", "a scam" and "a sham". And even the pros, StarFox isn't even a character in the game!!! It is FOX, his name is FOX, starfox is the series' name, what a moron.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could have written the same exact review and i'm far from a Sony fanboy, never even got a PS2. But i totally understand what this guy is saying because i think alike.

I wanted to like smash bros more than anyone else because i'm a fan of:
-Nintendo games : Check
-Multiplayer games : Check
-Fighting games : Check

The game just didn't hold my interest nor my friends with whom i play with. Still haven't tried brawl thought because i surely won't install a jap update for this or anything else, but i'll try it again for a third time, hoping i'll find something good when it comes out in america.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya, I loved this game but if any of you still have ure old n64 + a GC w/ melee, compare them: The original is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Slow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Serisouly, all of the characters seem like how yu play slomo in melee lol. I'm not trying to dis the game, i loved both games and love how brawl looks (no Wii though
frown.gif
) but it's wierd how I never noticed when I started playing melee.

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops, totally missed that.

One thing to note about this review though, is the fact that all he talks about are graphics and being "cutesy" the whole time.

What a boob.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I could have written the same exact review and i'm far from a Sony fanboy, never even got a PS2. But i totally understand what this guy is saying because i think alike.

I wanted to like smash bros more than anyone else because i'm a fan of:
-Nintendo games : Check
-Multiplayer games : Check
-Fighting games : Check

The game just didn't hold my interest nor my friends with whom i play with. Still haven't tried brawl thought because i surely won't install a jap update for this or anything else, but i'll try it again for a third time, hoping i'll find something good when it comes out in america.
My friend I am in the same boat as you. I found out that the reason that people like us don't enjoy this game is our love for traditional multi-player fighting game. The physics dynamics of this game is much less digital (and therefore closer to real life) then the traditional fighting game. It is very fluid in terms of controls. This maybe a good thing for most modern gamers, but for those of us who grew up with down+forward+punch=hadoken will have a hard time enjoying this game, and that is perfectly understandable. It's just not our thing.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The N64 version is defiantly the weakest of the 3 games, but not a 2.

Captain Falcon is from StarFox?

StarFox is a playable character?

Man, to think I've been wrong all these years.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
I tend to disregard reviews wrote by idiots, this one will be no exception. I didn't even bother to see if they could justify themselves after reading "Captain Falcon (from StarFox)".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :blush::shy::wink::evil: