Gaming Super Smash Bros. (Virtual Console)

• Thread starter Deleted member 180466
  • Start date
  • Views 3,557
  • Replies 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 180466

OP
I didnt see any thread about Super Smash Bros. to Virtual Console! Well, IT'S RELEASED AND YOU CAN BUY IT ON WII SHOP CHANNEL!

Only in Europe!

D

Deleted member 180466

OP
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, it's in Europe alone, not the US. And you could already get the injected S&P version of it.

I know but this is better. The injected version have graphics issues!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newer versions of Smash Bros. (Melee, Brawl) really made the game a lot easier. SSB by far takes more skill, especially compared to Brawl. Brawl just gives you some overly gimmicky characters (*cough* Meta Knight *cough*) and Final Smashes to make things a lot easier. When you've only got 3 Special Attacks (B, Up-B, Down-B) and only 12 characters, it gets a lot harder.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Melee has more depth than Brawl. But, I find SSB64 the most hard game to be the best at. Both Melee and Brawl have top players, but in ssb64, Isai dominates like no tomorrow. There's still quite a gap from Isai and all the rest of the top players.

Either way, I'm glad it's coming out. But I saw that coming already.

Whether people think which series is better than which, its all an opinion. Brawl's fun as a party game for me, but never will it be a competitive game to me. Melee and Smash64 in the other hand, becomes very competitive and fun in the competitive factor.

I'll definitely choose this over the one released long ago as an injected wad 'cause it has graphic issues like mentioned. I want it flawless. It'd be awesome if we can remap our buttons though. Using the GC controller, I'm used to Z as grabbing. And everytime I use Z to grab, I taunt right in from of them. Me and my friends get laughs off this cause its just hilarious how we screw ourselves over.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I sent an email to Nintendo that Nintendo 64 game Super Smash Bros. coming to the United States and here's a reply:

QUOTE said:
Hello,

It's great to hear from the many fans excited about the Virtual Console! So many of you have contacted Nintendo regarding the games you would love to see added. While we appreciate your excitement and support, decisions regarding which games will be made available come from several different companies and are influenced by a variety of factors apart from consumer suggestions.

For more details about the Virtual Console, including an updated list of available software titles, check out the following web page:

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole

New Virtual Console titles should continue to be released weekly across all systems, so there's hope that the title you're looking for will eventually appear. Keep checking our website (www.nintendo.com) for updates!

Sincerely,

Dervin Camden
Nintendo of America Inc.

I guess we'll have to wait the original Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64 coming to the United States for the Virtual Console on Monday via Wii Shop Channel.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anakir said:
Anakir said:
Melee has more depth than Brawl. But, I find SSB64 the most hard game to be the best at. Both Melee and Brawl have top players, but in ssb64, Isai dominates like no tomorrow. There's still quite a gap from Isai and all the rest of the top players.

Whether people think which series is better than which, its all an opinion. Brawl's fun as a party game for me, but never will it be a competitive game to me. Melee and Smash64 in the other hand, becomes very competitive and fun in the competitive factor.

I'll definitely choose this over the one released long ago as an injected wad 'cause it has graphic issues like mentioned. I want it flawless. It'd be awesome if we can remap our buttons though. Using the GC controller, I'm used to Z as grabbing. And everytime I use Z to grab, I taunt right in from of them. Me and my friends get laughs off this cause its just hilarious how we screw ourselves over.
SB64 more "competitive" than Brawl?
Hahahahahah

Protip
Brawl is as competitive as Melee with items off.
As Melee is more "competitive" as SB64.
People choose how competitively they play.

Chroniss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres an odd issue with the sound on mine. After a few matches it starts to echo, and the music screws up. Also I'm on a USA console so the screen is cut off at the bottom, and the screen adjust in the options doesnt come close to enough movement to fix it.

Where is the item switch screen? I can't find it in options or VS options...I want to turn off hearts and stuff and I remember it being easy to find but I don't see it anywhere.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LagunaCid said:
Anakir said:
Anakir said:

SB64 more "competitive" than Brawl?
Hahahahahah

Protip
Brawl is as competitive as Melee with items off.
As Melee is more "competitive" as SB64.
People choose how competitively they play.

Like I said. There are top players for all smash games, but for smash bros 64, the gap between Isai and the other good players are still really big. That's why ssb64 is possibly the most competitive. Melee and Brawl are competitive as well, but Brawl is no where as close to Melee in terms of depth.

CapitalQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've purchased all three titles in the Smash Bros. series on the days of their first release in USA, respectively. SSB64 remains my favorite after 10 years, hands-down. Thank goodness for that WAD injection.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think everyone has different favorites of each 3 for me it's melee,then 64, then brawl but all are good.
i remember me and some freinds talked our music appreciation teacher into leting us have a melee tournament at school.
we got out of all our classes that day to "help" clean the band room about 14 to 18 ppl all playing melee it was fucking awesome.
that day it was video game appreciation instead of music... most memorable gaming event i ever had so far.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
meh ssbb is way better. they should be releasing dk64 instead
What is wrong with you. Not DK, that was awesome. SSB is the greatest of all the series, and if you don't understand, frankly you are under the age of 16.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxRAG3 said:
Bladexdsl said:
meh ssbb is way better. they should be releasing dk64 instead
What is wrong with you. Not DK, that was awesome. SSB is the greatest of all the series, and if you don't understand, frankly you are under the age of 16.
What is wrong with you. Not SSB, that was awesome. Just because somebody disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean they're under 16, and if you don't understand, frankly you are under the age of 16.

SSB64 was probably my least favorite in the series. I loved it, but it was slow, and lagged more (certain Pokéballs leap to mind), and didn't have as many awesome characters. Pretty much the only area I felt it excelled in was level design; the original levels were wonderful, especially Saffron City.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
chA1nBull3t said:
This is why SSB64 was crazy (and sorta broken lol):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUM-fbPnnE
ohmy.gif

It's weird how characters seems so... light, whereas in SSBM or SSBB they seem kinda clumsy and heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s