Super Smash Bros update 1.0.3 is live

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by RemixDeluxe, Oct 27, 2014.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
  2. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    oh, i was wondering when this comes out. already saw this version number in the smash bros direct

EDIT: it's 762 blocks (in europe)

3. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    I updated earlia and tested our my 3 usual mains (Rosalina, Link, Zelda) and i can honestly say that nothing has been changed with any of them. Iv read reports that people say shield dodging had been slowed down a little bit and has more end-lag but i use that all the time with Rosalina and it feels the same. Iv also fought a bunch of people online since the update too and Bowser, Little mac and Zelda all felt the same to play against.

One of the biggest question marks with most people would be if Little mac got nerfed, i dont main him so my own feel of the character wouldnt be a good judge. However, Iv played 3 online people using him and i didnt feel he was any easier or harder to beat than before. So as far as im concerned, nothing significant has changed in balancing characters.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I think someone on Reddit mentioned Pikmin AI is better and Falco's dair has been improved. I dunno whether it's actually true though.
    Edit: apparently not

Xabring likes this.
  5. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    I sincerely hope that it's not (only) about the character's stats, but the way the game connects too; I have a problematic pair of modems than no matter what I do to them, they can't play smash for s***, (the infamous 018-0514 error, yes, I DMZ the s*** out of them and port forward them, to little to no success). And I know that a lot of people can't connect to with smash either. My case is kinda particular; I can play animal crossing: new leaf, Kid Icarus: Uprising and FREAKING MARIO KART 8 with no problems (of lag AND connection) whatsoever (yes, a Wii U game, I know) but with smash, 93% of the time I can't just get in a match in either, for fun or glory (but boy can I enter the spectator mode, which is boring for me), and the times I do get rarely in, it lags horribly and even disconnects in less than a minute. If this update doesn't fix it, then I must seriously look for modems that do the job....if it weren't for my crappy internet provider...

about the fighters I feel like every one of them can and will smash the heck out of everyone, one easier than others, but ones are easier to use definitively. I wonder which ones have changed for the better and which ones for bad.

I agree and also what to know more, I hate when they are vague whit the specifics of what has changed...

6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I don't think they actually made any balance changes. People are just noticing "changes" they want to happen. From what I know the only actual change they did is Conquest.
    Edit: and some typos

7. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Everyone knows that when Nintendo updates system firmware, "Improvements to system stability" is french for flashcart blocking.

So when Smash Bros. makes such a vague "more balanced" statement, they're probably fixing any glitch or exploit that people abuse.

Someone should see if Rosalina can still troll Sheik with her Luma.

Kippykip likes this.
  8. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/102To103.html
    Literally the only changed files are two scripts and some UI files. No need to check anything, nothing changed.

Kippykip likes this.
  9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    They now show upskirts of the female characters during fights. :P

10. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    If they ease Little Mac on lv9 a little, that'd be great.

11. EMP Knightmare

EMP Knightmare Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)

May 3, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Little Mac (my main ^_^) hasn't been nerfed in anyway :hrth:

12. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Just like every other character in the game (my mains, lolrandom) have not been nerfed or buffed in any way :P

13. EMP Knightmare

EMP Knightmare Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)

May 3, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Yeah but no one complains about your main for no reason ^_^

14. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    in other words, nothing important, bummer...other that you canĀ“t "cheat" and chose the winner team in conquest mode.
    well, time to tell my internet provider that my dog ate the modem...

15. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    so no online fixes yet? WTF i cant get this game working online with GW, it is so slow it just crashes every single time , and i get all different error codes other people have been reporting wide spread issues with online , nintendo was supposed to fix it, but maybe it is just my shit comcrap service too , i have been fighting with them for 2 weeks over unstable speeds and them screwing people out of bandwith , my "blast internet" slows to 2 mbps to .5 mbps down , and its all over the fuking map , but never even close to half of the 50mbps i am paying for, what kind of speed would i need to get this to work anyways?

and does this new update work with GW? anyone can confirm yet?

16. soniczeki

soniczeki GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2010
    Yes working with GW.

Lag has decreased but incredibly high ping. You press the button while playing detects after 1 second.

Now the more difficult game to play online. :hateit:

weatMod and Xabring like this.
  17. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Its nice to see nintendo actively supporting their stuff like a normal 2014 gaming company. If they figure this out, they might become a big hit again.