Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Steve from Minecraft joins the roster

Who will possibly be revealed? The latest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character is just about to be announced at 7am PT/3pm BST. The livestream will be a short one, clocking in at only three minutes, though we will get a "brief message" from the man himself, Sakurai, directly after it. Be sure to tune in, or keep an eye on this thread to see who gets picked as the latest roster addition to Smash.

And the big reveal is Steve from Minecraft! Don't let your memes be dreams, as it's finally come true. There's a village stage that takes place in different biomes.

But wait, Zombie and Enderman also join the battle? And Alex, all as echo fighters, or costumes. It's unclear.

Sakurai asks, what exactly did we just watch. Well, he explains that Nintendo approached him with the idea of adding a Minecraft character. He says it took absolute wizardry to get Steve into the game. While some things were easy, it was the programming of the actual character that made things difficult, as his attacks involve placing blocks.

Sakurai will have a video on October 3rd where he'll show more off about the characters.

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
What the fuck is a digimon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like a shitty pokemon ripoff
Is this thing:

382472.jpg

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something feels off about that
Doubt Taichi will be in if they use Digmon because he was only in the Anime/Manga, but for sure if Digimon got in it would be Agumon. I mean he has enough moves to fill up a move set, and his final smash could be a Warp Evolution + Gaia Force so it wouldn't be that hard to pull off. Evolution is a big part of digimon though but I don't think they would make his level change aside from Child level in playable form

He also have an Pokemon trainer:

I dont know if this is ironic or not but thats the wrong character for Gabumon's partner lol

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I meant it more in like, when the fuck will Nintendo allow other companies to do stuff with their IPs? In a matter that's not limited to their system/company.
If Microsoft allowed for both Steve and Banjo Kazooie to be in Smash, when will Nintendo finally stop being the overprotective douches they are and let Microsoft do something with theirs?
nintendo already let microsoft have some characters...

Mario pack on minecraft, or you forgot?

nintendo also let some games use their ips like
teeken tag tournament wiiu with mario stuff
soulcalibur with link
they licesned pokemon alot to do all sorts of things with other games and even other consoles like those kids computers with pokemon learning games on 2000s

obviously they dont want their characters to appear in the competitor hardware with the pokemon exception, same way you wont see kratos appear on xbox anytime soon.

Also microsoft didnt made banjo or steve, they just bought the studios which already had games on nintendo hardware before being bought, so its not like its their created flagship chraracter they lettted use, more like their bought characters.

if they ever made master cheif or gears game on the switch that would be another thing but they arent doing that.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I meant it more in like, when the fuck will Nintendo allow other companies to do stuff with their IPs? In a matter that's not limited to their system/company.
If Microsoft allowed for both Steve and Banjo Kazooie to be in Smash, when will Nintendo finally stop being the overprotective douches they are and let Microsoft do something with theirs?

nintendo already let microsoft have some characters...

Mario pack on minecraft, or you forgot?

nintendo also let some games use their ips like
teeken tag tournament wiiu with mario stuff
soulcalibur with link
they licesned pokemon alot to do all sorts of things with other games and even other consoles like those kids computers with pokemon learning games on 2000s

obviously they dont want their characters to appear in the competitor hardware with the pokemon exception, same way you wont see kratos appear on xbox anytime soon.

Also microsoft didnt made banjo or steve, they just bought the studios which already had games on nintendo hardware before being bought, so its not like its their created flagship chraracter they lettted use, more like their bought characters.

if they ever made master cheif or gears game on the switch that would be another thing but they arent doing that.
Don't forget the iconic Rocket League Mario hat

Reactions: SANIC

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, for those who follow the happenings of SmashFAQs, it's funny: Vergeben leaked Steve from Minecraft, like, before the game was out. Granted, he got the timing wrong, but holy shit, you have to see the meltdown in the Smash Ultimate message boards right now! XD

Reactions: jt_1258

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
you are not welcome to realm existence anymore, god may destroy you within 3 days
Huh, I googled it and all I got was the show, but apparently there were some games, also this is the first time in my entire life I have encountered a digimon fan(granted, I didn’t know what the fuck a digimon was, but still)

Reactions: BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh, I googled it and all I got was the show, but apparently there were some games, also this is the first time in my entire life I have encountered a digimon fan(granted, I didn’t know what the fuck a digimon was, but still)
i hope this doesn't get too out of topic or admins will eat our ass, anyway STEEV MNECRAFT GOOD IN SMASH more kids will enjoy too with their uncles playing as megaman and they will be like "who.. who dat mega dud dad?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night