Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Steve from Minecraft joins the roster

Who will possibly be revealed? The latest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character is just about to be announced at 7am PT/3pm BST. The livestream will be a short one, clocking in at only three minutes, though we will get a "brief message" from the man himself, Sakurai, directly after it. Be sure to tune in, or keep an eye on this thread to see who gets picked as the latest roster addition to Smash.

And the big reveal is Steve from Minecraft! Don't let your memes be dreams, as it's finally come true. There's a village stage that takes place in different biomes.

But wait, Zombie and Enderman also join the battle? And Alex, all as echo fighters, or costumes. It's unclear.

Sakurai asks, what exactly did we just watch. Well, he explains that Nintendo approached him with the idea of adding a Minecraft character. He says it took absolute wizardry to get Steve into the game. While some things were easy, it was the programming of the actual character that made things difficult, as his attacks involve placing blocks.

Sakurai will have a video on October 3rd where he'll show more off about the characters.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wheres Sol Taire?
Solitaire is a much more popuoar ganme!
Yeah thisbdoes make sense Minecraft practically comes with wijdows now and os almost on as many devices as doom.
Strange as a character here but theres a lot of kids that are gonna be really haopy about it.
To think it was just a little indie game back when.
I guess chances of DoomGuy are extra low now. (and commander keen? Wolfenstien guy?)
Still holding out for Klonoa, namco could use some more characters than just pacman in there.
Wish we had l more echo fighters too.

Reactions: Draxikor

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Wheres Sol Taire?
Solitaire is a much more popuoar ganme!
Yeah thisbdoes make sense Minecraft practically comes with wijdows now and os almost on as many devices as doom.
Strange as a character here but theres a lot of kids that are gonna be really haopy about it.
To think it was just a little indie game back when.
I guess chances of DoomGuy are extra low now. (and commander keen? Wolfenstien guy?)
Still holding out for Klonoa, namco could use some more characters than just pacman in there.
Wish we had l more echo fighters too.
If you put doom guy and a wolfenstein guy in ssb, than you get "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale" and not a super smash bross.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
If you put doom guy and a wolfenstein guy in ssb, than you get "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale" and not a super smash bross.
Ehh, not really, those aren’t exactly PlayStation characters, but i do agree they wouldn’t be good fits for smash, Wolfenstien’s main character isn’t one of the gaming greats, I mean, most people don’t even know his name(like me)

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for the Doom Slayer, although at the rate things are going a Gigaleak will have the source code so he can be modded in...uncensored ;).
Doomguy ain’t happening, in doom you rip up and shoot demons, how you make that into a moveset(and more importantly, this is meant for kids)

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for the Doom Slayer, although at the rate things are going a Gigaleak will have the source code so he can be modded in...uncensored ;).

If @MVG's theory about it being a chipmaker that's no longer doing business with Nintendo has any credibility, Push X/Square to Doubt.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doomguy ain’t happening, in doom you rip up and shoot demons, how you make that into a moveset(and more importantly, this is meant for kids)

If NRS can make Raiden, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion work in Injustice, they could possibly do something with Doomguy. Emphasis on possibly.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

If @MVG's theory about it being a chipmaker that's no longer doing business with Nintendo has any credibility, Push X/Square to Doubt.

I thought the ;) at the end would be enough to indicate it was a joke and not happening for the reasons you state.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let me guess - this will be post-1.9 Steve with the shitty combat system that disallows rapid clicking, won't it?
A shitty combat system they could easily immediately fix by making attackSpeed a gameRule or a World Option, instead of a bloody attribute - without having to screw up hunger bar mechanics, weapon strength values, or anything.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let me guess - this will be post-1.9 Steve with the shitty combat system that disallows rapid clicking, won't it?
A shitty combat system they could easily immediately fix by making attackSpeed a gameRule or a World Option, instead of a bloody attribute - without having to screw up hunger bar mechanics, weapon strength values, or anything.
Yep; this very reason is why I stopped playing ages ago. Also because I'm not at all creative, so building stuff wasn't appealing.
How has Mojang not tried this incredibly obvious option?

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Let me clarify:

I'm aware that the PC version allows for games left and right due to its moddability.

But I can't imagine a lot of kids playing the PC version as opposed to the console version given the nature of the age range of the game and their lack of an ability to usually have the disposable income to be able to buy a gaming PC which is ultimately limited in its approach. Hence, they're limited to building shit and maybe surviving afaik.

But the whole idea of Minecraft was never all that appealing to me. If I had to do something like Minecraft, I'd rather just build some maps in OG Doom 1 and 2 or something, you know? It's for a game that has more of an objective purpose as opposed to one where you kind of have to make your purpose as far as I understand it.
Oh boi must you also hate The Sims.
Also, there's an incalculable amount of modpack that adds goal and even stories to Minecraft, lot of which I wouldn't even really recommend for children, as they are often very difficult (and sometimes contain Eldritch creature, which might scare the most feeble of mind).

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an interesting character, and one that a lot of kids probably grew up with, maybe even on Nintendo platforms. So fair play. I'm personally not super jazzed about it, though.

It's a shame that a lot of "potentials" that would have made for really great dedicated characters have been swallowed up by Mii costumes/Assist trophies:

- Tails
- Knuckles
- Lloyd
- Zero
- Bomberman
- Dillon
- Isaac
- Shovel Knight
- Geno

Still holding out hope for Shantae, though.

Last edited by PityOnU,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bayonetta tears angels apart and turns naked when she attacks with her hair in the original games, but she still made it into Smash. Although I can't see a Doom Guy moveset in Smash being any more interesting than an extreme version of Mii Gunner.

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If NRS can make Raiden, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion work in Injustice, they could possibly do something with Doomguy. Emphasis on possibly.
well, yeah but those are already fighting game characters with actual moves, unlike doomguy who shoots demons

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the ;) at the end would be enough to indicate it was a joke and not happening for the reasons you state.

Eh,
Oh boi must you also hate The Sims.
Also, there's an incalculable amount of modpack that adds goal and even stories to Minecraft, lot of which I wouldn't even really recommend for children, as they are often very difficult (and sometimes contain Eldritch creature, which might scare the most feeble of mind).

It's just that something like Minecraft feels like something I could just do myself by going outside...when things are back to normal.

Also, I played Mortal Kombat and watched the Supreme Demonstrations in UMK3 when I was, like, 9. Granted, I had to be sneaky about it, but I turned out fine.

And I'm sure they can't be any harder than something like this:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended