1. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    Why is it depressing? Minecraft is literally the best selling game of all time, I’d say he has a good position in a game about gaming’s greatest

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Most kids know who mega man is(source, 6 year old me)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Dude you’re comparing a useless enemy to the main character of the best selling video game of all time

BlueFox gui likes this.
  2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    I think the issue is, at least for me, is that Minecraft isn't a Nintendo property. I mean fuck it, go ahead and add Crash and Spyro if they're gonna continue this trend of being paid to include other properties that touched theirs. At least those two would have the potential to be less boring than Steve.
    ...you're 6? Hoo boy, why are you on the internet? My generation is seriously ruining their children.

Last edited by Joom, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Malwarebytes Bootable Developer
    Developer

United States
    I... Was not expecting this... Might have to pic up a Smash Ultimate cart soon.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  4. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    I mean when I was 6, I’m 13

5. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    Sounds more like the tastes of kids who don't want to play "actual" games, if I'm to be honest on my opinion of Minecraft as far as just using it to build shit is concerned.

6. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    For me it doesn't matter who owns the property. It's just a very odd choice when there are others who could have fit better. Hell, Sans as an actual character instead of the terrible Mii outfit would have been welcome. We get... Steve... Yay?

Draxikor likes this.
  7. Silent_Gunner

United States
    You see, this is why MUGEN is the actual crossover of our time...if only someone would open source the game, though...

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    I'd agree with others that Master Chief would have been a cooler addition if Microsoft is gonna license their property to Nintendo. It's not like I have anything against Minecraft. The characters are just as interesting as a lone Lego brick, though. They're entirely devoid of personality because they're meant to be characters that the player can wear like a pair of pants. This in mind, they could have just made them Mii outfits. But bah, I guess I'm just starting to sound like an old fogey.

Last edited by Joom, Oct 1, 2020
    Xzi, Silent_Gunner, Memoir and 2 others like this.
  9. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    Yeah, most mc players don’t even play as Steve, he’s pretty much just a skin template

10. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

United States
    Digimon originated from vpet toys released by Bandai as a male counterpart to Tomogatchis, which are LCD toys similar to game and watches, but the goal is to raise the pet and keep it alive, with the addition of connected two digivices to battle. This borderline qualifies for smash bros similar to game and watch, but the anime is what most people are familiar with. Lots of deviations from concepts in the animes, but the lore is kept largely the same.

The thing is, Sans wouldn't even be put in, it would be the protagonist which would be boring. We don't need <Dead Franchise RPG Character> because we already have enough of them. Steve works as a character because of his absurdly large impact. Being the front of the largest game in existence up to this point earns him the slot. Even so, undertale is only on Switch when Minecraft was one 3 nintendo consoles, so it has a larger presence.

Worldblender and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  11. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    When memes backfire.
    Honestly, I think this makes more sense.

I mean, I'm not angry or anything, but this is what I thought.

This could have happened and then giving us Crash Bandicoot would have made more people happy.

12. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
  13. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Brazil
    man, you described yourself as a kid playing games too, who cares, if kids like to play something let them play

14. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    This actually look fun as hell!

15. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    nice to know where still in the age of everyone thinking it's just mindless kids who barely touch games who are the only ones who play the dam game...

medoli900 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  16. Panzerfaust

Panzerfaust Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    with this announcement I found out, that minecraft has a main char and his name is steve.

Scott_pilgrim and eyeliner like this.
  17. deinonychus71

deinonychus71 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Now I'm scared that fortnite may make it. Yikes.
    While legends of video games such as Crash / Spyro etc are nowhere to be found.

I get it, this is the millennial / zoomer pick, gameplay even looks fun so why not.

18. LadyHaywood

LadyHaywood Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm crying
    I thought this was fake

19. Silent_Gunner

United States
    Let me clarify:

I'm aware that the PC version allows for games left and right due to its moddability.

But I can't imagine a lot of kids playing the PC version as opposed to the console version given the nature of the age range of the game and their lack of an ability to usually have the disposable income to be able to buy a gaming PC which is ultimately limited in its approach. Hence, they're limited to building shit and maybe surviving afaik.

But the whole idea of Minecraft was never all that appealing to me. If I had to do something like Minecraft, I'd rather just build some maps in OG Doom 1 and 2 or something, you know? It's for a game that has more of an objective purpose as opposed to one where you kind of have to make your purpose as far as I understand it.

20. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    Not my first guess. Or my second. But at least it's not Crash Bandicoot. I'll have to watch and see what his moves look like so far. Could be interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Minecraft, Ultimate, roster