Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
homebrew.gif
Super Smash Bros Rumble v0.7 (Demo)
Homebrew Smash Bros. Clone
Super%20Smash%20Bros%20Rumble%20v0.7%20(Demo).jpg
Team Rumble has released an update for their homebrew version of Super Smash Bros.

Changelog:
8 new stages, 10 new characters, unlockables, credits(on the vault screen), double jump(some characters can jump more than 2), pause, run (double tap the D-Pad), side collision, new graphics, some new character sprites (Olimar, Geno) and a CPU!

Since you only start out with a few characters in the beginning, you will have to unlock the rest by exploring the features mentioned above (HINT HINT!). There is only a max of 31 characters that can be unlocked and the rest will remain locked, so don't freak out and spend hours trying to unlock them all.

New stages include: Battlefield, Treetop Town, Kamek Castle, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar, Hachiko, Jungle Japes, The Beginning

Known problems: The cpu is really glitchy right now, If you have one on the screen, it will mess with player 1's jump. Also, the cpu tends to fall through the floor and teleport about the stage. This is not permanent and we only included a cpu in this demo to show you, the fans, that the coders are only a few errors away from having a functioning cpu.

Because of the enormous file size, music has not been included in this demo. Do not think that your speakers are broken.

If you are playing on an emulator, you will not be able to save the characters that you have unlocked. On the DS, however, you can save the unlockables.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
 Discuss
News via Pdroms.de

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes finally a team that kept working on a ds smb they might even fulfill the over 50 characters like they said, going to go try this out now hopefully it not to glitchy like they said.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DISCLAIMER: This is not a game and will not provide any enjoyment whatsoever
it's just a demo. you can't do anything but run around (there are no attacks)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wat.

You're shitting me. They're releasing THIS as a public demo? IMHO these things should just stay among the coders until they fix more bugs. I don't think any gamer cares whether you've added new characters and stages when they can't do the basic things like attacking the opponent, what SSB is all about.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
they did say to show this as their progress , there are some glitches, btw when they put attacking in there are going to be lots of glitches

cod4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Wat.

You're shitting me. They're releasing THIS as a public demo? IMHO these things should just stay among the coders until they fix more bugs. I don't think any gamer cares whether you've added new characters and stages when they can't do the basic things like attacking the opponent, what SSB is all about.

Yes, we're releasing it as a public demo to get some attention, we have over 60 characters to do and very few spriters. Our focus is to provide a game with quality control, and in order to do that, we need some spriters to get the characters in the same style. As you can see, the sprite styles are all clashing atm.

IMO, demos should be released in order for people to report bugs so that we can fix them. That's what homebrew communities are all about.

Kenney

Trophies
Website
www.kenney.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's up with the short filename?
tongue.gif

"Super Smash Bros Rumble For The Nintendo Dual Screen Portable Handheld Video Gaming Console Demo 0.7 Happy Thanksgiving Demo Has Arrived.nds"

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cod4r said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Wat.

Yes, we're releasing it as a public demo to get some attention, we have over 60 characters to do and very few spriters. Our focus is to provide a game with quality control, and in order to do that, we need some spriters to get the characters in the same style. As you can see, the sprite styles are all clashing atm.

IMO, demos should be released in order for people to report bugs so that we can fix them. That's what homebrew communities are all about.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If the game was worth getting attention I'd understand but its not; not yet. You guys shouldn't be looking for attention unless you want a big fat Cease and Desist letter.

cod4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
cod4r said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Wat.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If the game was worth getting attention I'd understand but its not; not yet. You guys shouldn't be looking for attention unless you want a big fat Cease and Desist letter.
I have yet to see any SSB clone really get C&D'd. Besides you're looking at it wrong, we just need more attention in the homebrew community, not globally. Sure, Rumble hasn't reached its potential yet but what we want attention for is to get spriters for the game, not to overhype the game itself.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cod4r said:
dinofan01 said:
cod4r said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Wat.

I have yet to see any SSB clone really get C&D'd. Besides you're looking at it wrong, we just need more attention in the homebrew community, not globally. Sure, Rumble hasn't reached its potential yet but what we want attention for is to get spriters for the game, not to overhype the game itself.

XD, in 2005/2006 there was a SSB clone in the works, it got C&D'd pretty quickly.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Although I like the project, and it looks like it will be brilliant when finished, I am a bit confused about the order you're doing things in.
You've created these slick menus with loads of options, and a huge list of characters, yet the actual game engine is still kinda broken. I'm not complaining that the demo is unplayable, but usually the first thing to get set up is the core game, with everything else built around it. Here you've reversed that.
Anyway, good luck with the project, hope the new sprites end up looking good, and I hope everything goes smoothly in fixing the game engine.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^^
Fail.
We have seen playable demo's with 2 chars and 1 map.(Like 3 times)
We have seen non playable demo's with alot of chars and maps.(also 3 times)

They better could focus on making a playable game with 10 chars 3-5 maps that is a better demo.

Slippery J

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm seeing a lot of haters. Let 'em do their thing! They are working hard for the fans and that's never a bad thing, no matter how they go about it. Do any of you haters have anything to contribute to make the project any better at the moment? No? Then maybe you should add some more constructive criticism, as opposed to destructive criticism. Or do you not want someone to finish this project at all?

Good Luck Team Rumble! Regrettably, I lack any helpful skills. I understand that the concept is still in the early stages and I think that it looks great so far!

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Slippery J said:
Wow, I'm seeing a lot of haters. Let 'em do their thing! They are working hard for the fans and that's never a bad thing, no matter how they go about it. Do any of you haters have anything to contribute to make the project any better at the moment? No? Then maybe you should add some more constructive criticism, as opposed to destructive criticism. Or do you not want someone to finish this project at all?

Good Luck Team Rumble! Regrettably, I lack any helpful skills. I understand that the concept is still in the early stages and I think that it looks great so far!

+1

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering, some of the clones on HB channel? Just don't quit until you get it right. It takes a lot of drive to create something without any real payoff, other than people talking $**T.

Ceesjah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It looks awesome
biggrin.gif
If i get further with my Game Development Colleges (yes, thats the school i attend), i might try to get involved in this
smile.gif

Keep up the good work, and dont mention the haters, as they lack skill.

This project needs to be finished, it is just too good to stop.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slippery J said:

wrong the most the ssbr dev said we are making this o we can learn something and not to do you a favor.
I think its still the same but dont let others think its a real project

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16