Super Smash Bros Rumble v0.7 (Demo)

linkmaster03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with this! I just wonder why you are so ambitious with the amount of characters. I think everybody would prefer a game with 5-10 characters and a great engine than a game with 50 unbalanced characters and an under-par engine. Just my two cents.

I'll be watching this project.
smile.gif

cod4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:
This will be killed by a harshly worded cease and desist when it actually gets anywhere.
Please link me to an SSB homebrew that has been C&D'd before. Besides, it is entirely up to the developer whether to comply or not.

cod4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm simply stating that the developer can choose other actions to take if given a C&D, such as working on it in private and releasing it secretly. Regardless, I have not heard of a SSB homebrew given a C&D yet.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather see a decent version of Super Mario War ported over, that'd be awesome. It sucks that the guy who made the original just recently died, though.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
cod4r said:
vashgs said:
This will be killed by a harshly worded cease and desist when it actually gets anywhere.
Please link me to an SSB homebrew that has been C&D'd before. Besides, it is entirely up to the developer whether to comply or not.
I can't seem to find one right now, but seeing as how your ripping the sprites completely out of their games, i would expect one coming fast if you dont change it.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Balrogs.Pain said:
cod4r said:
vashgs said:
I can't seem to find one right now, but seeing as how your ripping the sprites completely out of their games, i would expect one coming fast if you dont change it.
Square-Enix is the one who's really bitchy about this... they REALLY do C&D.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I guess if the team that made this game REALLY put their minds into it, it could turn to be a good idea.
Sure you can add whatever character you want but there are lots of un-needed ones.
Put some of the OST, correct some glitches, add some of the really wanted characters (like Isac from Golden Sun) and you have a game to play.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't wait to see this finished. I was disapointed that it was never on the DS.

If this is anywhere near as great as the wii version, wow.

kirby145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with the comments on the engine. The fact that they have somewhere around 30 characters already is "ambitious"

As in, the team is going to have trouble with that. I think it would be better to see one character with the full moveset in, working pretty well, and then they work from there.

But no, instead they have to grind through 30 characters they set up and still don't have moves on.

And the C&D should be taken into consideration. If you can get the game all done and pretty (maybe with a quiet, private beta), then you can release it, then you will get all the attention in the world, and then you can maybe release 1 or two patches. And by that time the C&D comes everyone will have a working game.
-----------
No offense to the developers, but when you say "look at all the past SSB DS remakes' I look at them, and I see how they never got finished/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night