OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Ps991 had posted demo 0.8 while I was on vacation and I was going to post a link to the blog here, but the blog is down now, so here is a direct link. Wait until the blog is back up to get the full list of features and explanation of everything.

DL link for demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?xmmz4i3tjzn

EDIT

QUOTEAttacks: The you can now attack. The attacks available include:
-A Combo (A, AA, AAA)
-Side Tilt, Up Tilt, Down Tilt
-B, Up B, Side B, Down B
-Neutral Air, Up Air, Down Air, Forward Air, Back Air

Shielding: If you hold R or L, you can block incoming attacks. There is no rolling, spot dodging or air dodging yet, but there will be in future demos. Also, the shields do not ware out over time yet, but this will be added later as well.

3 cpus: On the character select screen, you can drag the tokens onto the character icon to select the cpus’ character. The renders on the top screen will tell you when the cpu’s character is selected.

Simple AI: The cpus can follow and attack you. If you are really far away from them, they run after you. If you are standing on a platform above them, they will jump to reach you. Also, not only can the cpus target the player, but they can target each other as well. The cpus attack somewhat randomly, but they are only running on primitive AI, so it should be expected. The cpus are smart enough to shield against attacks only if one is attacking, though.

Damage %: The more you attack an enemy, the more damage he takes. Once you reach a high percentage, you are more likely to die, so look out.

Knockback: If you hit an enemy with an attack, the enemy will go flying. The distance flown varies based on his damage % and how strong the attack is. Also, there is friction on the ground to make sliding knockback decrease to 0 faster. No every attack has high knockback, though.

Hit Effects: When you hit the enemy or when he hits you, a hit effect appears to let you know that someone has been hit. The effects add more depth to the hitting.

Stage Builder: Thanks to the extremely dedicated coder Ps991, demo 0.8 has a functioning stage builder! You can select it in the “Vault” to make and save stages. Unfortunately, Ps991 could not get the loading of the stages working yet, but we will release an update later on that allows you to play on the stages that you have made.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only Mario?
ohmy.gif

damn... im guessing that's why it's still a DEMO.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only Mario? I thought you could choose from multiple other characters, I think I'm thinking of another DS smash bros home brew.

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not really sure about this because i don't have my DS, but I've been keeping track of this demo for MONTHS and im pretty sure you have to unlock the other characters. Watch the credits or something because a couple months ago they said thats how you get a character
unsure.gif

Also, epic stage builder looks epic

EDIT: Just tested it on an emulator. The credits thing doesn't work, but the game is actually pretty good even if right now you can only play as mario. Can't play custom stages on an emulator, but i have a feeling if this game catches on people are probably going to start trading them on gbatemp. As soon as I get my DS ill try it out on that to see how tight the controls feel, because they aren't SUPER amazing on the computer, but they could be better or worse.

Another edit... on their forums they confirmed that mario is the only character. So ignore all the stuff up there...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol