Gaming Super Smash Bros. Project M ( mod )

Exkorath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a new mod for brawl and it does shit, so far just little things like text and background. The mod does add one new stage and some old ones along with some character changes too. All you need is brawl and an sd card and your good to go. Also the makers of the mod are going to update this, as this is a beta type deal. ( atleast thats what i heard from ign..) Now i suck really bad on describing stuff so i am just going to post this link to the article. :)

http://wii.ign.com/a.../1223403p1.html

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Nothing really special... Sorta like Brawl+ with some more alterations...
Did you read the article? It sounds quite a bit more extensive than that, at least to me. I definitely want to try it out, but I want to "get a feel" for "standard" Brawl first (I just got my Wii last week, so yeah)

Reactions: 1 person

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is Project M compatible with a Japanese copy on a NTSC-U Wii without the use of Gecko-OS, just using an alternative way?

Thanks =D

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I definitely want to try it out, but I want to "get a feel" for "standard" Brawl first (I just got my Wii last week, so yeah)
Oh.. Cool.
You should take a look at my thread. I compiled a bunch of brawl mods together and fixed the CSPs and some PAC files.
My method supports Wi-Fi aswell.
Either way, I shall PM you and we should play legitimately and with mods online. [That is, if you have a working Wi-Fi Connection...]

http://gbatemp.net/topic/325458-ssbb-modded-multiplayer-time-bring-your-friend-codes/

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh.. Cool.
You should take a look at my thread. I compiled a bunch of brawl mods together and fixed the CSPs and some PAC files.
My method supports Wi-Fi aswell.
Either way, I shall PM you and we should play legitimately and with mods online. [That is, if you have a working Wi-Fi Connection...]

http://gbatemp.net/t...r-friend-codes/
Thank you very much for the invite! However, despite having Wi-Fi, I am unable to play online... I'm playing with a rather old, small TV with a busted speaker, so I have to use a pair of aftermarket speakers, which aren't friendly to the Wi-Fi (whenever it runs, it causes interference that makes the speakers emit horrible static noises, which make online play a pain).

However, I will be home from school in less than a month, and will gladly accept your offer then! :D

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
1- Download the installer
2- Choose "Hackless Wii" method
3- Copy the downloaded files to your sd (You should have a codes, an apps and a private folder on your sd + a boot.elf)
4- Boot brawl, put the sd card on it, load the stage builder

Profit.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real shame you can't run this mod off a backed-up HDD game instead of using the physical disc or on Dolphin. People like me are wary about using the DVD ROM in a console that's from 2006, so...

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Real shame you can't run this mod off a backed-up HDD game instead of using the physical disc or on Dolphin. People like me are wary about using the DVD ROM in a console that's from 2006, so...

You can still run it by HDD, you just need an Usb loader that supports more than 256 cheats (Like Cfg Usb Loader or Neogamma's WBFs launcher)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still run it by HDD, you just need an Usb loader that supports more than 256 cheats (Like Cfg Usb Loader or Neogamma's WBFs launcher)

Really?! Do you still have to go through the stage editor on SSBB (which I thought used GeckoOS)? I guess one can assume you can still use custom vertices/textures.

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Really?! Do you still have to go through the stage editor on SSBB (which I thought used GeckoOS)? I guess one can assume you can still use custom vertices/textures.

No. The stage builder method is only if your wii is not hacked (Because it doesnt require you to have homebreww channel to load geckos, it uses the Stage Builder exploit to to that). If you have homebrew Channel, just boot Geckos/Cfg Usb Loader/Neogamma from there and boot brawl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: