Hacking Super Smash Bros on emuNAND

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I downgraded my 3DS to 4.5, got a DS flash card, installed emuNAND 9.4, unlinked, and now I want to be able to play Super Smash Bros: 3DS, but, whenever I start it within emuNAND, it just stays on a black screen, no matter how long I wait.
It's a retail copy, it uses the new encryption method as the update firmware within the card is 8.1, and I've saved it on my old 9.2 3DS before it broke.
It doesn't matter much if I have to lose my savegame, I just want to play.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play a retail game? I honestly wouldn't think that to be the case.
Mine is 2GB.
But, okay, I'll get myself one soon.

When playing Smash Bros. on Gateway, you'll need a minimum 4GB SD card in order to play it. As to why, I have no clue, but that's what Gateway said. Also, you might need to backup your emuNAND from your 2GB SD card using the emuNAND Tool if you want to continue using it on your new 4GB SD card.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When playing Smash Bros. on Gateway, you'll need a minimum 4GB SD card in order to play it. As to why, I have no clue, but that's what Gateway said. Also, you might need to backup your emuNAND from your 2GB SD card using the emuNAND Tool if you want to continue using it on your new 4GB SD card.

Instead of using emuNAND Tool (Because I don't have access to a windows pc), I used "dd" to move everything to the new sd, once there, I used fdisk to change the size of the FAT16 partition, making sure not to touch the starting offset of the partition. The emuNAND works, but I still can't launch smash. Still black screen.
BTW, I don't have a gateway.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of using emuNAND Tool (Because I don't have access to a windows pc), I used "dd" to move everything to the new sd, once there, I used fdisk to change the size of the FAT16 partition, making sure not to touch the starting offset of the partition. The emuNAND works, but I still can't launch smash. Still black screen.
BTW, I don't have a gateway.
You know that kind of information is really helpful from the git go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night