Gaming Super Smash Bros lag is just terrible!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Just watch this let's play and tell me if any of you see any lag:

Despite that he's a crappy player it just goes to prove that lag isn't plagued everywhere like this topic would have people having believe. I too don't get affected with lag.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Little Mac is extremely easy to kill though lol I'm almost 40-1 on For Glory and Little Mac has never given me a problem. It might be more so people who can't even beat Level 9s are going online just to get owned by Little Mac by not forcing him off the stage.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I went to some local gaming club thing in my city last night.

We played 4 player Smash via local wifi.

There was EXTREME LAG... in LOCAL MULTIPLAYER!

I genuinely could not believe what I was witnessing. It was so bad that the little smash icon loaded in the corner.

1v1 and even 3 player was smooth as silk though, but 4 player was a disaster.

Reactions: Reecey

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have played with friends between Germany and Argentina, and while some matches had no lag at all others were unplayable.
This would be a very bad case scenario, as Internet connections in Argentina range from so-so to very bad, and distance between Argentina and Germany is over 12.000 Km, so some lag is to be expected.
I don't think the game is performing so bad online.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was playing Smash yesterday and while there wasn't any lag, being that I was on a 4 player match I couldn't tell where the fuck I was because the screen's so small. x_x

I suppose that it's much better on an XL model but still not as good as the home console version of Smash.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just watch this let's play and tell me if any of you see any lag:

Despite that he's a crappy player it just goes to prove that lag isn't plagued everywhere like this topic would have people having believe. I too don't get affected with lag.

M8 there probably using local to play each other in the video, not world wide internet setting, I only get bad lag playing others from around the globe and its when 4 are playing all at the same time, not 1 on 1.

I went to some local gaming club thing in my city last night.

We played 4 player Smash via local wifi.

There was EXTREME LAG... in LOCAL MULTIPLAYER!

I genuinely could not believe what I was witnessing. It was so bad that the little smash icon loaded in the corner.

1v1 and even 3 player was smooth as silk though, but 4 player was a disaster.

yeah that's when I get bad lag the most in smash glory 4 fighters all at once, everything else seems fine. I've thought about it and its probably the host that is hosting the match to begin with that has the bad connection and it then struggles with 4 Vs. I mean really, if you know your internet connection is so bad why host a 4 man battle in the first place when you know its going to cause issues while the match goes on! If say for example your Broadband connection sucks and say for example your provider in the UK is Orange Network or even worst Plus Net, big LOL on that one and your speeds are like 1000Kbps Down and say 400Kbps Up max, then don't bother hosting a match in the first place I say, it makes perfect sense not too!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
M8 there probably using local to play each other in the video, not world wide internet setting, I only get bad lag playing others from around the globe and its when 4 are playing all at the same time, not 1 on 1.

He showed connecting to the Nintendo Network and so that excuse of "playing locally" falls flat because he does this often with other games too.

I don't have problems with lag on Smash, just moments ago I was playing Smash online (4 players Glory) on my 2DS and there wasn't any lag, again.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah that's when I get bad lag the most in smash glory 4 fighters all at once, everything else seems fine. I've thought about it and its probably the host that is hosting the match to begin with that has the bad connection and it then struggles with 4 Vs. I mean really, if you know your internet connection is so bad why host a 4 man battle in the first place when you know its going to cause issues while the match goes on! If say for example your Broadband connection sucks and say for example your provider in the UK is Orange Network or even worst Plus Net, big LOL on that one and your speeds are like 1000Kbps Down and say 400Kbps Up max, then don't bother hosting a match in the first place I say, it makes perfect sense not too!
If you play with friends the host rotates automatically every match or something, nothing you can do about it. (and I doubt it makes a major difference as everyone's data needs to be sent to everyone else)

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yes I will run that thanks, I know what your are on about, will have ago. :)

@ GamerzHell. Got DMZ signed to my laptop but yes I have tried to sign it to my 3DS but no difference at all, I have used insidder3 to find the best channel sorted that out, have UPnP unchecked as well, have smart set up unchecked basically all the things that may cause lag and ping related issues I have backed it up. Any other ideas in my router home page I could look at m8? :) also i have all security turned off have no neighbours luckly so need to worry its just a pain having security on, its better without because everything just connects easier.

Sent you a PM ;)

Security doesn't matter and i think that UPnP should be enabled but other than that idk what u could do.
Thing is even thou u have DMZ-ed the 3DS doesn't mean it will fix the online lag.
The person you're playing with should have DMZ enabled too and if he/she doesn't then it will be the same again.
So i guess u could sort that out with ur friends but with strangers online nope.
Blame Nintendo for the online, they don't have fixed ports for online games and they don't want to say which ports they use for games.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wounder if Super Smash Bros server has an address I can run a tracert of my CMD? Does anyone know an address at all please?

Security doesn't matter and i think that UPnP should be enabled but other than that idk what u could do.
Thing is even thou u have DMZ-ed the 3DS doesn't mean it will fix the online lag.
The person you're playing with should have DMZ enabled too and if he/she doesn't then it will be the same again.
So i guess u could sort that out with ur friends but with strangers online nope.
Blame Nintendo for the online, they don't have fixed ports for online games and they don't want to say which ports they use for games.

I have enabled UPnP on your advice, so if it goes wrong, I mean even worse I will come and hunt you down! :gun: :lol:

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ohh and try disabling ur firewall.
Be sure to reset the modem after you apply everything.

I have no firewall on, no security either, at all its on None, its easier that way for me to connect to other devices, printers etc.. no messing around keep putting pass codes in all the time.

Does anyone else notice as well with SSB online, sometimes you have to wait up to nearly 30 minutes before you can join a match online, due to some sort of last time online disconnection problem?

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I've encountered some lag, but most fights have gone smoothly.

That said, I need to drop by my friend's place and diagnose his connection issues --- he can play most other online games without much trouble but with Smash it fluctuates every 20 or so seconds. I'm wondering if Smash is just that much more strict / his wifi sucks / or there is some config settings we can fix up.

Darkfadergfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't know if it's gonna help anyone, but if you're sure about your internet being pretty solid( doesn't matter if you paid alot or not) might be handy to just move a little closer to the AP, i myself get no lag at all, but this might be the reason, haven't thaught it thru tho, just a path of thinking i'm trying to follow, if anyone could tell me the results i'd be glad to look into it further? feel a bit sad that so many people are getting a bad connection:/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: