Gaming Super Smash Bros for Switch, is it confirmed if there is a campaign?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it was great. Why did they not included one in SSB4? :S

Cuz the Wii U didn't sell well and they clearly felt it wasn't worth all the time and resources to put it in there. At least that's my theory, and it certainly makes sense, would explain also why Mario Tennis on the Wii U was such a shallow experience while Mario Tennis Aces looks like its loaded with content despite being made by the same dev.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, Sakurai made the decision not to have a campaign because he didn't want cutscenes uploaded to the internet like Subspace Emissary's had been. Totally bs reason but whatever, it's his project.

"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet. You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cut scenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...-mode-for-the-worst-reason-ever/#4293a4d42cba
total bullshit indeed
tons of other games have their cutscene uploaded, and they still sell the game lol

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
total bullshit indeed
tons of other games have their cutscene uploaded, and they still sell the game lol

It was clearly just an excuse to not reveal the reality that Nintendo was now viewing the Wii U as a failure, and telling devs to maybe hold off on some of the bigger features in their games so that they could quickly be ready to utilize them for the next entry in each series on the Wii U's successor. At least that's what I believe, it makes a lot of sense, would explain the half-assed battle mode in the original Mario Kart 8 and the extremely hollow Mario Tennis game compared to what we're getting on the Switch.

Reactions: Fedmonster

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was clearly just an excuse to not reveal the reality that Nintendo was now viewing the Wii U as a failure, and telling devs to maybe hold off on some of the bigger features in their games so that they could quickly be ready to utilize them for the next entry in each series on the Wii U's successor. At least that's what I believe, it makes a lot of sense, would explain the half-assed battle mode in the original Mario Kart 8 and the extremely hollow Mario Tennis game compared to what we're getting on the Switch.
yea makes much more sense :)

Reactions: Fedmonster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No stay
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Clearly his alts are very easy to spot.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    why do people make alts
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Doller store masks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @PandaPandel, No idea. Mostly for ban evasion.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you loose an email account and can't sign in its understandable most think it's funny and they can get away with it instead of trying to make amends over their actions unless they mess up so bad the entire community tells them to f off
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or to test some stuff
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    cri-mge
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why I don't want my name all over the place people get things twisted over the smallest thing and it turns into a dumb ordeal
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    damn, pretty ok
    price on that too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What's good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Damn, those are sick.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup sylv! Watching a twitch streamer, trying to find things to 3d print that will help me organize things a little but, just chilling overall, hbu?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I'm doing good, thx. What are they 3D printing at the minute?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Just printed one of these to hang my xbox one controller on the wall and get it off my desk
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Wow, nice. I see a very good use out of them.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, do you have a microcenter near yu always see cheap ssd but they sell out in like a hour
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, kinda, about 45 minutes away or so
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have a lot of microcenter SSDs, always grab some when I go in there. Always end up needing an SSD for a server or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sucks most the deals are pick ups
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microcenter like let's open stores but make people drive an hour out
  • B @ btjunior:
    all i did was upload some copyright protected files even after being warned smh
    B @ btjunior: all i did was upload some copyright protected files even after being warned smh