Super Smash Bros: Call

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ace Gunman, Oct 25, 2007.

Oct 25, 2007

Super Smash Bros: Call by Ace Gunman at 5:48 PM (936 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ace Gunman
    OP

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Ever since Super Smash Bros. Brawl was announced all those years ago, I've been compiling a list of things that I was personally sure were going to be in the game. Nothing goes on the list that I'm not 99% sure about through nothing but my gut alone (IE: I had no reason to think these things would come true, but I knew they would). For example I'm not willing to make a prediction about the status of Jigglypuff because I'm 50/50 on the matter. However, so far I've been right on the money. So here's my list of calls/predictions, what are yours?

Diddy Kong as a playable character - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo.

Mario's attacks involving F.L.U.D.D. - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo.

Ice Climbers returning as playable characters - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo.

Sonic the Hedgehog as a playable character - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo.

Super Sonic as Sonic's Final Smash - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo via a clip, and then via gameplay videos on various gaming sites.

Metroid(s) as an Assist Trophy - CONFIRMED: Confirmed by IGN on their playthrough at the Nintendo Media Summit.

King Dedede as a playable character - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo.

Stafy as an Assist Trophy - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo.

Green Hill Zone as Sonic's respresented stage - Pending.

Tingle as an Assist Trophy - Pending.

Marth replaced with Ike - Pending.

Mewtwo NOT returning as a playable character - Pending.

Ganondorf returning as a playable character - Pending.

Ganon and/or Beast Ganon as Ganondorf's Final Smash - Pending.

Captain Falcon returning as a playable character - Pending.

Luigi's attacks involving Poltergust 3000 - Pending.

King K. Rool as an Assist Trophy - Pending.

Ness replaced with Lucas - Pending.

Ridley as a boss on adventure mode - Pending.

Pikmin as Assist Trophies - Pending.

Chibi Robo as an Assist Trophy - Pending.

Virus Trio as an Assist Trophy - Pending.

Duck Hunt Dog as an Assist Trophy - Pending.

2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    The icon for the F-Zero Series in the game is of a falcon. Captain Falcon will return, I don't know why everyone is doubting him...and because of Giga Bowser, I think it's pretty safe to say if Ganondorf does return (Counting on it), his Final Smash will be Ganon...

3. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    If Ganondorf returns, yes, his Final Smash will definitely be Ganon (or Twilight Princess's "Beast Ganon"). But the point of the matter is that it's all guessing right now. Those things may be obvious to you and I, but until they're outright confirmed it's all speculation. I can easily say that Mario will be the star of the next handheld Mario game, but for all we know they could pull a Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land and make Wario the main character. Everything is speculation until it's confirmed, no matter how obvious it may be.

Also, in the case of Captain Falcon, I personally believe he'll be in the game, as noted in my above post, but that doesn't mean he will. Sure, Samurai Goroh is in the game as an assist trophy, and historically Captain Falcon has been in both of the previous games, but that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be in this one. Jigglypuff was in the first two as well, but there's a fair possibility she may not be in this one. Also, while Captain Falcon has many things going for him that suggest he may be in the game there's also the fact that a new F-Zero game hasn't been released in 3 years, and the last one that was was released only in Japan and was exclusive to the GBA.

4. WK416

Member WK416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ace Gunman returning to GBAtemp - CONFIRMED: Confirmed in this thread. [​IMG]

Coop for one of the previous single player modes - CONFIRMED: Confirmed on Smash Bros. Dojo.

Ace Gunman's sig being broken again - CONFIRMED: Confirmed in Ace Gunman's sig. >.>

5. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Well, when me and my friend get to debate about Jiggily and Falcon, my point always come to a simple answer: We won't have confirmation about secret characther in the Dojo.

6. Ace Gunman
    OP

Canada
    The thing with Jigglypuff is this, she may be a traditional Smash Bros. character, but I personally see her at this point being Pokemon overkill. We have Pikachu, and the Pokemon trainer (who has with him Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur, three Pokemon I consider much more memorable than Jiggly), then we have all the Pokeball Pokemon. On top of that Peach's Final Smash now puts people to sleep, and Kirby has the "light weight round pink character" angle. That essentially leaves no reason for Jiggly. Especially in an era when most new and/or younger Pokemon fans probably wouldn't have any idea who she is.

As I said though, I'm 50/50 on the matter. I could see it going either way, but at the moment my theory is that she will be relegated to the position of a Pokeball Pokemon at most, and at least removed from the game completely. The same goes for Mewtwo. Of course only time will tell, and I'm not willing to make a definitive prediction on the matter, as I'm not 100% either way, and I don't want to risk my so-far perfect prediction record on something that's not a sure thing. [​IMG]