MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, as we all know SSBB is a dual-layer game. Customizable USB Loader GX gave me a warning:
QUOTE said:
"NOTE: You are using CIOS249 rev 14: It has known problems with dual layer games. It is highly recommended that you use a different IOS or revision for installation/playback of this game."
I modded my Wii with xzxero's guide, and haven't made any modifications to it since. I use the default IOS to load all my Wii games (249?), this is no exception.

What can I do to be able to play this game? After I beat the game with Link and the credits were over, I got an error message, telling me to eject the disc and turn the power off. That's how I know something needs to be done.

I'm Wiitarded (no clue what I'm doing when it comes to installing IOSes or anything... only WADs, since I installed Virtual Console games), so please use simple terms.

Thanks in advance.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jazvdb said:
Same thing happened to me last time...

First do this
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios

Then use configurable usb loader or wiiflow (for some reason SSBB just doesnt wokr with USBloader gx, well for me anyway)

And select IOS 222
Doesn't xzxero's guide do this already, so all I would just have to do is use IOS 222?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have you tried burning the game onto a dvd+r and booktype it to dvd-rom? if not why not try it. if you don't want to try this, use 249rev12, i think this has DL support.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
have you tried burning the game onto a dvd+r and booktype it to dvd-rom? if not why not try it. if you don't want to try this, use 249rev12, i think this has DL support.
I really don't know how to use 249rev12. Remember, I'm Wiitarded.
tongue.gif

And as for burning, I just torrented it. It runs fine, except for a few parts where it just dies. Besides, my Wii is one of those new really douchebaggish ones that don't play burned DVDs of any kind.

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
razorback78 said:
tongue.gif

And as for burning, I just torrented it. It runs fine, except for a few parts where it just dies. Besides, my Wii is one of those new really douchebaggish ones that don't play burned DVDs of any kind.

So are you playing from a backup disk or USB?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jazvdb said:
Skyline969 said:
razorback78 said:
tongue.gif

USB, of course. Note in my original post I said I'm using Configurable USB Loader.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
jazvdb said:
Skyline969 said:
razorback78 said:
tongue.gif

USB, of course. Note in my original post I said I'm using Configurable USB Loader.
sorry i browsed so quickly. then burning is NOT the issue then. like jazvdb suggested use 222 instead of 249 or install the old 249rev12, as far as i remember. but 249rev12 i think has issues on #001. the easiest way is try to use 222.

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
jazvdb said:
Skyline969 said:
razorback78 said:
tongue.gif

Just making sure, gettin confused with the previous comments....

Anyway yeah, since you followed xzxero's guide, you should have the correct IOSs
First try playing it via USB loader gx (IOS 222) and if doesnt work try using IOS 223
BUT if nothin still works, try Configurable USB loader and choose IOS222/223... (

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jazvdb said:
Just making sure, gettin confused with the previous comments....

Anyway yeah, since you followed xzxero's guide, you should have the correct IOSs
First try playing it via USB loader gx (IOS 222) and if doesnt work try using IOS 223
BUT if nothin still works, try Configurable USB loader and choose IOS222/223... (

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive never had to use Block IOS reload

just change the settings to use IOS222 or 223

they should both work

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
ive never had to use Block IOS reload

just change the settings to use IOS222 or 223

they should both work
Yup, chose IOS 222-(something was here... don't remember what) and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there is already a thread on this... Does anyone know where a guide can be found to stretch the pieces in the stage editor using the usb gecko?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality