Hacking Super Smash Bros. Brawl

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i have copyed the orignal to the above game onto verbatim dvd-r and it worked once and now it keeps coming up with dvd error 1101
unsure.gif

any ideas

thankyou
rolleyes.gif

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dai-a said:
Dvd error 1101 means your wii can't read back ups .

Or it could mean a bad burn. Did you set a layer break? (Assuming you used a Dual Layer)
many thanks for your reply well out of 170 backups this one only worked once or twice , i did burn it twice at 2.4 and 4.0 useing imageburn and used dual layer , can you please explaine what you mean by - Did you set a layer break??
unsure.gif

thankyou

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
canx13 said:
try asking somebody but not me and maybe its better to buy it ( for real)

Were you just trying to get your post count up? What a waste of a post, really.

FYI he did ask someone and it was not specifically you. dumbass.

to the OP. Is your wii softmodded or do you have a modchip? If you have a hard drive that you can use for USB loaders then you can put the game on the hard drive and use cIOS 222/223 to load the game. Works great that way.
thankyou for your reply my wii is softmodded i am runing wiiflow and preloader v0.30 iso v70 system menu v482 , homebrew 1.0.6 ios 61 v19.26, wii system ver 4.2e
cIOSCORPv3.5. nerogamma 7 i have a portable hard drive but i would rather have the game on disc

thanks again
rolleyes.gif

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
If it worked once, then what has changed on your wii since then? If you updated anythign or installed something since the first time it played then you will have to go back and try to revert it. Maybe reinstall cioscorp.

Did you burn the game to a dual layer disc??? I know in the first post you said dvd-r, which generally does not mean a dual layer disc, but I can understand, many people just dont know the difference or consider it the same thing when they post. But I had to ask just to make sure that isn't the issue.
thankyou for your reply i did burn on dual layer disc at 2.4 and 4 .0 useing image burn i have not installed anything or updated anything since i have reinstalled cioscorp so i just dont know why this is happening it was a backup from a orignal

thanks again for your help
rolleyes.gif

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
canx13 said:
what an idiot!

that stated here try this
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...t&p=2351925

my bet is its trucha signed to get it on a dvd5 so your not going to be able to boot it with the disk channel and need a loader for it, giantpune made this for brawl+ but if you have no codes it will load game without codes anyway

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
muffin said:
hi i have copyed the orignal to the above game onto verbatim dvd-r and it worked once and now it keeps coming up with dvd error 1101
unsure.gif

any ideas

thankyou
rolleyes.gif
wait a sec do they even make verbatim-r DL? and you need to use layer break 2084960 in imgburn.

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
markehmus said:
canx13 said:
what an idiot!

my bet is its trucha signed to get it on a dvd5 so your not going to be able to boot it with the disk channel and need a loader for it, giantpune made this for brawl+ but if you have no codes it will load game without codes anyway
thankyou for your reply i have got the orignal game and it is over 7gb and just dont understand why it loaded once or twice and yet nothing has changed on the system

thanks again
rolleyes.gif

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
muffin said:
unsure.gif

any ideas

thankyou
rolleyes.gif
wait a sec do they even make verbatim-r DL? and you need to use layer break 2084960 in imgburn.
thankyou for your reply i have used a verbatim dvd-r 8gb disc and it worked once or twice but what do you mean by use layer break 2084960 in imgburn.

thankyou
rolleyes.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in imgburn tools - settings - write
see where it says options layer break? click user specified and type in 2084960 you need to burn the disc with this otherwise it won't work on the wii. also i've heard to use dvd+R DL is better that's what i used and on MPT never had 1 problem with them.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
muffin said:
markehmus said:
canx13 said:
what an idiot!

thankyou for your reply i have got the orignal game and it is over 7gb and just dont understand why it loaded once or twice and yet nothing has changed on the system

thanks again
rolleyes.gif

You say you have the original ?
If you do have an original and it wont boot from the disc channel then it might be your Wiis dvd lens.
Is your wii old ? If it is you might need to clean or replace the lens, also note that if your wii is old but you took extended warranty from Nintendo and it is still under that then they will fix it.

From reading this thread it seems like your quite sure you've not changed anything on the Wii, so it might just be a dirty lens (quite common) This is most common and certain conditions make it more common EG: have pets, heavy smoker or Wii sits in a dusty place.

However with that said if it is a dirty lens you will be experiencing the odd error with other games too. Remeber some early Wiis had problems with DL games and Nintendo even admited they had some problems.

Ignore things about layer breaks etc because if your backup worked even once then it is burned correctly.

Hope you get sorted soon.

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
in imgburn tools - settings - write
see where it says options layer break? click user specified and type in 2084960 you need to burn the disc with this otherwise it won't work on the wii. also i've heard to use dvd+R DL is better that's what i used and on MPT never had 1 problem with them.
thankyou for your reply i tried what you have advised and i get this error eg: cannot set the layer break position when burning dvd-r dl media

many thanks

muffin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
muffin said:
markehmus said:
canx13 said:
what an idiot!

thanks again
rolleyes.gif

You say you have the original ?
If you do have an original and it wont boot from the disc channel then it might be your Wiis dvd lens.
Is your wii old ? If it is you might need to clean or replace the lens, also note that if your wii is old but you took extended warranty from Nintendo and it is still under that then they will fix it.

From reading this thread it seems like your quite sure you've not changed anything on the Wii, so it might just be a dirty lens (quite common) This is most common and certain conditions make it more common EG: have pets, heavy smoker or Wii sits in a dusty place.

However with that said if it is a dirty lens you will be experiencing the odd error with other games too. Remeber some early Wiis had problems with DL games and Nintendo even admited they had some problems.

Ignore things about layer breaks etc because if your backup worked even once then it is burned correctly.

Hope you get sorted soon.
thankyou for your reply i had the orignal and made a backup of the game tested it and it worked 100% i have not installed or updated anything and now the game will not load just comes up with dvd 1101 error i dont think that it is the lens as all the other games work 100% and although the wii is under a year old Nintendo wont execpt it back as it has been softmodded

many thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: