Super Smash Bros Brawl WiFi

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Jundeezy, Mar 4, 2008.

Mar 4, 2008

Super Smash Bros Brawl WiFi by Jundeezy at 5:27 AM (2,938 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Jundeezy
    OP

Member Jundeezy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm stoked for the upcoming US release of brawl, but I'm really interested in WiFi.

So, hows brawl on WiFi? Is there any lag? Good points, bad points?

EDIT: For those of you with the JAP brawl of course.

2. jaycee00

Newcomer jaycee00 Advanced Member

Canada
    Yeah theres lag. And i'm not sure if its going away with the US release. 0.5 second delay RUINS the game for me...it really sucks. But yea its fun if you just want a casual match when no one's around.
    I have had some lag free matches tho, and they were pretty great.

3. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    On your Friend list, you see a coloured circle indicating the strength of the connection to your friend is. I think the order from best to worst goes:blue, green, yellow, (orange?) and red. Yellow is break off point, as I can face some people fine on a yellow connection, and blue has visibly no lag.

It also helps if you use a wired controller instead of a wavebird.

4. Jundeezy
    OP

Member Jundeezy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    cool i was wondering about the random matches but friend matches is what im gonna do more of so its good to know.

5. mphil145

Newcomer mphil145 Advanced Member

United States
    Like he said, still if you get a good connection I'd say it's about a 0.2 sec delay for button input, at first it might throw you off a little but you should adjust soon enough. But at other times the lag can get pretty bad and the game starts to play in slow motion, but this all depends on yours and your opponents connection speed.

6. coolbgdog

Newcomer coolbgdog Advanced Member

So far all the matches I've had were lag county and I just can't stand it. The game gets very annoying wit the lag so I just will wait till I get the US version to see if that helps. Im right next to my router so I doubt Im not getting a good connection. Also random matches works now but still its still laggy.

7. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    Nintendo's probably going to release a LAN adapter to solve this... That would help a bunch, right?

8. mphil145

Newcomer mphil145 Advanced Member

United States
    Actually their already is a LAN adapter for Wii it's been out for quite sometime you can check it out here

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w.../acc/wiiLAN.jsp

9. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    Oh dang. I only knew about the 3rd party one. Does anyone have this? Does it work well? I would assumes it would be much quicker...

10. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    A wired adaptor wouldn't necessarily reduce lag unless your on the edge of the wireless network or getting interference from other devices.
    I am lucky my router is say about 60cm away from my Wii.

11. ozzy26

Banned ozzy26 Banned

United Kingdom
    MY CLAN IS CALLED THE SMASHERS CLAN AND IT HAS LOTS OF STUFF ON IT INCLUDING:

LIVE CHAT
    JUKEBOX
    GALLERY AND PICS
    VIDEOS
    BRAWL VIDEOS
    FORUMS
    SHOUT BOXES
    EVENTS
    CLAN WARS
    YOU CAN EVEN ADD YOUR OWN PICS AND VIDS TO THE CLAN!!!

AND OF COURSE THERE IS ALWAYS AT LEAST 1 TOURNEY ON AT A TIME SO YOU CAN COMPETE IN MANY MANY TOURNEYS AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND LOTS OF NEW PEOPLE TO BRAWL!!!!

THE LINK IS:

http://smashingclan.spruz.com/main.asp

DONT FORGET TO GIVE THIS LINK TO ALL THE BRAWLERS YOU KNOW WHO WANT TO BE IN A CLAN, HAVE FUN YET SERIOUS WARS, TOURNEYS OR JUST HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!

ALL ARE WELCOME WITH NO ENTRY TEST OR ANYTHIN THE ONLY REQUIREMENT IS YOU WANT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME BRAWLING LOL