Hacking Super Smash Bros Brawl Thumbstick problem

Laciu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a problem. I have a softmoded Wii, and when I play a PAL backup of Super Smash Bros Brawl sometimes i encounter a problem. After a few minutes of playing My nunchuck doesn't "see" that I'm tilting the thumbstick up or down. I can't move it up or down in gameplay and the menu. I tried reconnecting the Wii Remote, pluging the nunchuck back in, pluging the nunchuck into another Wii Remote, blowing into the the plug, and nothing happens. I have to go to the Wii menu and choose SSBB from the USB loader GX again or my thumstick will be unresponsive. That's the only thing that works. All my gamecube controllers work fine with SSBB, and playing with a Wiimote held sideways seems to be working fine too. It happens randomly when I play. I never encountered any problems with the thumbstick with other games at all. I really can't figure it out. Any ideas how to fix it? Or what is the source of the problem?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. At first I thought I had a bad nunchuck, but then it worked fine in Mario Galaxy. If it helps, I'm using a Nyko Kama

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt this is the solution, but do you happen to be holding +, -, A and B on the remote all at the same time while playing? That's the combination of buttons to reset the nunchuck's default position. In any case, you could also try holding that combination with the stick at neutral to try to fix the problem when it occurs.

Laciu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm using a standard wired nunchuck. I never knew about that -,+,A,B combination. I highly doubt that i might have used it while playing. But i tried using it before the problem occured (and nothing special happened
tongue.gif
) and I tried using that combination a few times when the thumbstick became unresponsive after a few minutes of playing with no success. The thumbstick still responded only to left/right tilts, and the only thing that was able to fix that was reseting the game. There has to be some way to fix that or to prevent that from happening.

Or maybe someone could post his console configuration, the soft he is using to play SSBB backup and all the tiny details with which he doesn't encounter that problem? I could always try to use the same.... err... things to play SSBB, and might always end up eliminating the problem.

I'm still tring all sorts of things to make it work properly but nothing seems to have had any effect on the issue so far. The problem is everything I do is done blindly and randomly. It would be better to have any sort of lead to work on it. I'll post anything i see relevant. Maybe something will take me closer to solving this.
I was playing for a while with the GC controller (maybe 30 minutes) without touching the wii remote, it was turned off. Then i turned it on and checked the analog stick, and problem was already there. The y-axis was dead.

I Installed cIOS38 rev13b , and started playing SSBB with the wiimote and nunchuck combo. I played it for an hour or so and the thumbstick remained fully functional for the whole time. I will test it more but it seems that installing the rev13b might have fixed the problem. I hope so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1