Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl: NTSC-U Hands On

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HipN said:
Couldn't you dump each layer separately? Wouldn't that cut the time in half?

With two discs...sure...and two drives...

Giga_Gaia said:
QUOTE(HipN @ Mar 5 2008, 06:33 PM) ^^Seriously...
I mean, with all the things we learnt with the recent release of the Trucha Signer, I would've thought that the Wiikey team would have used that info to create an update that would fix this issue.

I mean, it probably takes them like 5-10 minutes to create a new FW.

If you aren't going to release a FW, release the damn source so others can!!!

Oh and wouldn't it be smart to release a DVD5 and a DVD9? A DVD5 to swap for those with the Wiikey, and a DVD9 for those who want to play the full backup.

No point in making a dvd5 if the dvd9 works perfectly.

By the way, couldn't they make a dumper that work with all drives and not just LG? would help release games like this faster.

Only LG drives have the special undocumented memory dump feature. This allows raw data extraction. Only certain LG drives of this certain series have this feature. So no...more drives will NEVER be supported.

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mastermanna123 said:
andreq said:
Zed03 said:
Any differences between Jap and NTSC other then language and voices?

There's a bug where Zero Suit Samus is naked.

Lol. It would be great to have that. But kind of weird to see on a Wii. >_>

You know... it's not that weird if you compare it to someone how like to see naked 3d character
wink.gif

Rei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tested it today (and broke than repaired my wii with it)

Doesn't work with 1.9b either, in any settings (region and speed)

So, a firmware update is the only solution...

Actually I have got a wacky idea! It is just deleting all info about dvd9 from the firmware
tongue.gif
If you want to play the copy, stay in 1.9g, else, do the next update (1.9s ?)

As we play it, no one complains and Wiikey team will work on it smoothly with no users distracting them
tongue.gif

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Renegade_R said:
Only LG drives have the special undocumented memory dump feature. This allows raw data extraction. Only certain LG drives of this certain series have this feature. So no...more drives will NEVER be supported.

It's strange considering that the Drives go for 20-50 bucks. I'm surprised more people don;t own them

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rei said:
Just tested it today (and broke than repaired my wii with it)

Doesn't work with 1.9b either, in any settings (region and speed)

So, a firmware update is the only solution...

Actually I have got a wacky idea! It is just deleting all info about dvd9 from the firmware
tongue.gif
If you want to play the copy, stay in 1.9g, else, do the next update (1.9s ?)

As we play it, no one complains and Wiikey team will work on it smoothly with no users distracting them
tongue.gif

Well if worse comes to worse, you could always put a switch on the chip....or just download a copy and burn it...

taggart6 said:
QUOTE(Renegade_R @ Mar 6 2008, 06:24 AM) Only LG drives have the special undocumented memory dump feature. This allows raw data extraction. Only certain LG drives of this certain series have this feature. So no...more drives will NEVER be supported.

It's strange considering that the Drives go for 20-50 bucks. I'm surprised more people don;t own them

Rice923

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taggart6 said:
Renegade_R said:

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could be as optimistic, but with the debacle that was the SSBX release, smash bros has lost that privilege.

edit: i take it back, scenesters and other people have been reported to have errors ripping the game (why there's no leak), so yeah, screwed once again~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr