Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl: NTSC-U Hands On

palpatine66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DcThePurger said:
is there any news of an english leak yet? if I got the real copy of brawl it wouldn't work cause of wiikey

Yeah I'd like to know too. Does anyone know how/if the release groups communicate with the public? It would really be great to know if someone has already started ripping it. As it is I just keep obsessively refreshing gbatemp and wiinewz.
smile.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Spruchy said:
HipN said:
Wiikey team stopped trying when they found out the backup worked. That is why they made the chip... for "backups".

Hopefully, they come back and release a new FW before or on the day of the release.

I know what they made the chip for but when it interferes with real games then we got a problem.

Got it now?
Because wiikey is made for backups. You can always buy the game and play backup version of it. It's the same after all.

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
with multiple people seeming to have copies.. i'm suprised i haven't seen a copy online yet.. although its very possible i'm not looking in the right places.
never the less it will no doubt surface online shortly after the weekend ;D

B

bluetieman

Yeah, this is ridculous, the scene is slacking off a bit if people that don't have the slightest clue when it comes to this stuff ("Yeah, I have a Wiikey") come up with copies of SSBB a week before release, but people who actually make a living from obtaining games pre-release can't. If this can be obtained by Jose Mexican and Francois European, then this has to be out there on the net...

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bluetieman said:
Yeah, this is ridculous, the scene is slacking off a bit if people that don't have the slightest clue when it comes to this stuff ("Yeah, I have a Wiikey") come up with copies of SSBB a week before release, but people who actually make a living from obtaining games pre-release can't. If this can be obtained by Jose Mexican and Francois European, then this has to be out there on the net...

rest assured, it's been sent over the net plenty, there just isn't an official release and those who do have it aren't sharing (yet)
smile.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People, don't blow your cells just waiting for this game, even if a dumper does get this game on release it takes a minimum of 40 hours to DUMP the game alone, then it comes to uploading a 8.5GB file.

Also the layer break will be different. So there will be some initial errors for the first round of people getting it.

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Renegade_R said:
People, don't blow your cells just waiting for this game, even if a dumper does get this game on release it takes a minimum of 40 hours to DUMP the game alone, then it comes to uploading a 8.5GB file.

Also the layer break will be different. So there will be some initial errors for the first round of people getting it.

For the J release, there didn't seem to be any layerbreak, or that is to say, imgburn burned the .iso straight without any extra information. What's that about?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the hell is taking them so long? damn, use the DL raw dumper and upload it damn it, not hard ... 40 hours, what kind of old computer do they use?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually to be more technical,

The dumper actually extracts raw memory dumps of the disc a tiny bit at a time. The software then reads these memory dumps and places them into a file. Then it calls the memory dumper again. This goes on for 85 billion times.

Its not a linear read like a standard DVD.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I contacted xaiNaix and he said that the last he heard was that the team was planning on releasing an "official" config disk with the FW....

WTF!?!?

JUST RELEASE THE FW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HipN said:
I contacted xaiNaix and he said that the last he heard was that the team was planning on releasing an "official" config disk with the FW....

WTF!?!?

JUST RELEASE THE FW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just... release something and we will be grateful
biggrin.gif

My hell continues...

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^^Seriously...
I mean, with all the things we learnt with the recent release of the Trucha Signer, I would've thought that the Wiikey team would have used that info to create an update that would fix this issue.

I mean, it probably takes them like 5-10 minutes to create a new FW.

If you aren't going to release a FW, release the damn source so others can!!!

Oh and wouldn't it be smart to release a DVD5 and a DVD9? A DVD5 to swap for those with the Wiikey, and a DVD9 for those who want to play the full backup.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HipN said:
^^Seriously...
I mean, with all the things we learnt with the recent release of the Trucha Signer, I would've thought that the Wiikey team would have used that info to create an update that would fix this issue.

Oh and wouldn't it be smart to release a DVD5 and a DVD9? A DVD5 to swap for those with the Wiikey, and a DVD9 for those who want to play the full backup.

not really because if you have the 9 you can separate the layers anyways

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HipN said:
^^Seriously...

No point in making a dvd5 if the dvd9 works perfectly.

By the way, couldn't they make a dumper that work with all drives and not just LG? would help release games like this faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality