Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD9 won't spin on YAOSM

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Cheeseweasel, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Cheeseweasel
    OP

Newcomer Cheeseweasel Newbie

United Kingdom
    Trying to run a Verbatim DVD+R Dual-Layer Backup of Dairantou Smash Bros X dumped by Caravan; burnt on a burner that burns good backups 99% of the time.

I've tried burning it on three different discs (all dual-layer, two DVD-R, one DVD+R, all Verbatims from Singapore) and the disc never spins. No 'three tocking noises' or anything.

On one, it was the ISO as I got it, unpatched; the other two used PAL patched copies from using Regionfrii.

I've managed to get Super Mario Galaxy and the DVD5 Brawl backup working flawlessly on the Wii, so I guess this problem is something to do with the dual-layer media or the particular ISO.

Any help is much appreciated! I'm willing to do simple operations with the Wii, but I'm not exactly a dab hand at electronics so I can't mess around with the chip or reprogram it. I do have the config disc for the YAOSM, which is running 2.0 final.

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You'd be better off posting this in the WiiNewz forum for YAOSM, as the coder will probably have some ideas and he hangs out there more than here.

3. Volkov

Member Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    If the disc won't spin when you put it in that is very strange. I mean how would it know anything about the disc until it begins to read it? Even blank discs, or music discs, or everything, should still spin when put into the wii drive before giving and error, right?