Drag0nflamez

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I try to play Super Smash Bros Brawl (DVD5 & PAL version), with WiiGators 0.3 Gamma, and a backup loader without a version or coder (could be Waninkoko's?), the game loads and the game-id is found, but when launching the actual game, the screen stays black for a while and then a white screen appears with the following text:
The game disc could not be read. Read the Wii Manual for more information.

I burnt the disc on 1x, verified and tried burning again...

What is the problem?

The dvd: TDK DVD+R (booktype set to DVD-ROM)

also, the game worked one time

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Worked one time" + "burned at 1x" = bad burn. If your burner was made in this millenium, burn at half max speed of the burner.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Drag0nflamez said:
WiiPower said:
"Worked one time" + "burned at 1x" = bad burn. If your burner was made in this millenium, burn at half max speed of the burner.
How many speed is recommended with the Wii?

It's not Wii specific. The best result is for 98% of burner/media combinations is somewhere between 4x and max speed, so half max speed is the 1st you should try.

Drag0nflamez

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Drag0nflamez said:
WiiPower said:
How many speed is recommended with the Wii?

It's not Wii specific. The best result is for 98% of burner/media combinations is somewhere between 4x and max speed, so half max speed is the 1st you should try.
Is it also burner specific?
Since my brothers TSSTCORP drive (Samsung/Toshiba maybe) created a working New Play Control: Mario Power Tennis & Wii Music disc...

Drag0nflamez

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
The quality of the disc is of course determined by the burner, the media and the used speed.
Ok...
I also have sometimes the wrist strap warning screen, loading.... and then i get the error.

I will try it at 8x, since HP says I have a drive to burn DVD(+/-)R at 16x speed. (however HP can't be trusted :'))

(my drive is a HL-DT-ST (LG/HP) GSA-H20L)

Drag0nflamez

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Drag0nflamez said:
WiiPower said:
The quality of the disc is of course determined by the burner, the media and the used speed.
Ok...
I also have sometimes the wrist strap warning screen, loading.... and then i get the error.

I will try it at 8x, since HP says I have a drive to burn DVD(+/-)R at 16x speed. (however HP can't be trusted :'))

(my drive is a HL-DT-ST (LG/HP) GSA-H20L)
I tried at 4x, since my uncle always does that, and it worked! (however I get rare disc read errors)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)