Hacking Super Smash Bros. Brawl Custom Song Titles

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I will do everything to explain my problem as clearly and as simply as possible. Now, just to avoid any confusion, I'm running SSBB (ripped the game into SNEEK format, compiled the ISO with QtWitGUI and running the image) on Dolphin because it's more convenient (I have a Wii console as well, it's not in the same room as the computers are); it just makes testing these things a lot easier in my opinion. So, a few days ago I've been importing a crap load of custom brstm files into Brawl and all of them have been working properly. I've been doing it the more tedious, but more effective way (Brawl Box, WAV files, finding loop points, etc) and have been successful in doing so. However, after I started doing this, I found out it was possible to rename the imported songs to show up in My Music and when you start a battle in Brawl.

According to this guide here, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255990 all you do is open up main_en.pac, go to the Data140 tab, change the song names to the ones you're going to replace, export it and then open up mu_menumain_en.pac and replace Data07 with the exported file from the main_en file. Well, I followed this guide exactly as it instructed me. I do all of that, but there was one major problem, after I replaced both files in the SSBB SNEEK folders (menu2, and info folders), compiled the ISO image and loaded it into Dolphin, some of the songs don't reflect the changes I made in the PAC files. Take for instance, let's say I changed the brstm X04m which is Battlefield in My Music into "Grandia Battle Theme 1" and change it in the pac file. Once I make the ISO image, the song isn't listed as "Grandia Battle Theme 1" but listed as "Battlefield". Some songs names never change, either that, or what I think is one song ends up not being the desired title I wanted (some names don't match up as they should).

If I'm confusing you, I'm sorry,. but this is very frustrating. To sum up, when changing music titles in the pac files, the names don't match up with the changes I make, with some titles not being on the songs I thought they would be on. Is there a better way of renaming the songs, and to know if they will really work? And yes, I've been here - http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?board=10.0 but they don't seem to care that I asked the same question I'm asking here.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To have your custom track names show in SSBB, you'll have to extract, edit and replace the following files within the disc image and for game folder used with s/uneek. Trust me, it's easier this way... :)

For main menu (sound test & my music): menu2 -> mu_menumain_en.pac
For during game play (group mode): info2 -> info_en.pac

Make a back-up of your custom track name data, if you wish to use it for other modes during game play (such as stage creator) and in case you make a mistake whilst editing/updating the track names.

Reactions: 1 person

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, so that's why the tutorial wanted me to edit both of those files. Makes sense but is there a more efficient, less tedious way to edit all the titles en masse? (Having to scroll up and down to find and change 90+ titles gets awfully tiring). I also seem to be having bad luck with certain brstms not matching up to their respective titles. It's getting really annoying.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... I would only recommend editing and replacing the files which are most useful to you.

As for knowing what tracks/fies your replacing, try looking here: www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158635

To be honest, It can't be any more simpler than that.

Amani

Someone who wants to get banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get the mu_menumain_en.pac file to work on file patch code 3.5.1 for custom music titles in my music and sound test?

Last edited by Amani,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse