Super Smash Bros Australia Release Date Revealed - 26 June 2008

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by vertabray, May 14, 2008.

1. vertabray
    OP

Member vertabray GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Sorry if this has been posted already. Just got email from Nintendo Aussie

See below [​IMG]

LET THE BRAWLS BEGIN

Melbourne Australia, 14 May 2008 - Nintendo will release the highly anticipated Super Smash Bros.™ Brawl 26 June 2008. The first Super Smash Bros. for Wii™ is an action packed fighting game that includes more moves, more levels, online battles, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, a variety of control options, a host of playable characters, and even an adventure mode that’s a full game in itself!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a game play experience where characters from around the Nintendo universe meet up in Nintendo locales to battle it out. Choose from a number of iconic and new characters including Mario, everyone’s favourite plumber; Meta Knight, the sword-wielding nemesis of Kirby; Pit, the angelic archer from Kid Icarus™; Zero Suit Samus, the powerful Metroid® series heroine; Sonic the Hedgehog from SEGA®, and Solid Snake the solider from Konami’s Metal Gear series, among a host of others.

Jump and brawl your way through the Nintendo themed stages; pit up to four players against one another in a brawl to see who is the last one standing. Thanks to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection you can brawl with friends or strangers, share photos, swap replays, team up for challenging mini-games, and send custom made stages or screenshots to friends.

The adventure mode ‘The Subspace Emissary’ is a new mode for brawlers where you fight your way through enemy packed side-scrolling levels. Meet up with other characters, take on bosses, or even play two player cooperative. In this mode the world of Smash Bros. is invaded by the Ancient Minister and his army of creatures. The Ancient Minister is turning characters into trophies to harness their power, and eventually all the characters must work together to defeat the invading creatures. The Subspace Emissary is a fully-fledged game of its own!

Customise your Super Smash Bros. Brawl experience as you select your favourite Nintendo music to brawl to, and choose the control scheme that suits you best. Control options include the Wii Remote alone, Wii Remote with Nunchuk™, Classic Controller or Nintendo GameCube® controller, giving brawlers an endless amount of ways to play.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is an encyclopedia of Nintendo’s video game history; it’s a brawling, battling adventure that retains all the familiar features of the series, whilst bringing a variety of extensive new elements, ensuring infinite replayability.

The previous instalment in the series, Super Smash Bros. Melee is the best-selling game of all time for Nintendo GameCube with 7.41 million copies sold worldwide.

Visit www.SmashBros.com for more Super Smash Bros. Brawl information.

2. Gman 101

Member Gman 101 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    *sarcasm* Oh whoop dee doo... */sarcasm*

Come on Nintendo Australia, get your act together. Thank God for Datel and their all powerful Freeloader.

3. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    ahahhaha yehhh, too bad iv already completed it. ahaha probly wont get the aussie version, seems pointless!

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    lol it's coming out in the UK around the same time i think, but who cares anyway.

5. Wekker

Member Wekker GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    anyone know the brawl also got a Brawl Channel like mario kart?
    because the mario kart wii can be played without the disc, thanks to the function Mario Kart Channel.
    does the Super Smash Bros Brawl also support that?
    nonetheless i will buy the game when it come out, but i was interested in games that i can rent at the video store, maybe we should make a list of game that support: non-disc playing function

6. armand66

armand66 Newbie

Wekker, Mario Kart Wii comes with the Mario Kart Channel, but it only allows you to check time trial times, comp times, or if friends are online.

The channel doesn't let you race time trial, race comps, race gp, or race in multi online, to do ANY of that you still need the disc to play mario kart.

And smash bros doesn't have its own channel.

7. Wekker

Member Wekker GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    crap ~~~, i didnt know that
    i just created a mario kart channel, didnt try it yet.
    ... 27juni seems to be very long...

8. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    Maybe people who don't have modded Wiis or choose to buy their games legally [​IMG]

9. vertabray
    OP

Member vertabray GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    LOL Well put!

10. bluebright

Member bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    They lost money because of the delay. Too many people have downloaded it. Oh well, at least there will be more people in online play.

11. tredes

Australia

yeh thats wat il be looking foward to...i struggle finding a game online these days. havnt tried for a while tho..hopefully after the release online will be way more populer..

12. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    I'm personally still gonna buy the European version once it's out despite having downloaded the US one, I mean, it's a damn great game, so how can you not buy it?

13. DrHectic

Newcomer DrHectic Advanced Member

Australia
    I couldn't wait that long so I just chipped my wii and bought the NTSC version. Paid $70AUD for it by importing...that's cheaper than the likely $100rrp they will have in the stores when it arrives.

14. tredes

Australia
    games are a fukin rip in australia...thats whats possessed me to download my games...

15. phaerun

Member phaerun GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I have downloaded the us version but I am buying it when its out for pal . thought i would have children by the time i see the pal version. damn you nintendo [​IMG]