Super Smash Brawl won't play on my Wii!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by groovengrover, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009
  1. groovengrover
    OP

Newcomer groovengrover Newbie

United States
    I purchased a used Wii off of craigslist, updated it to 4.0 through Wii used bannerbobs methor of installing hbc. After that I installed wad installer 1.4 and preloader .29. I have a back up copy of Super Smash Brawl that plays fine on my first Wii that has all the same software except it's on 3.2 not 4.0. When I put the back up Copy in of Super Smash Brawl it says it cannot read the disk, I have searched and searched, read and read and cannot find what I have done wrong or if it's because the Wii is an older one would maybe the drive inside the wii need a update? Please help me I am at my Witts end!!!! Every other back up plays fine, including some of the newest games out................

thanks in advance

2. User423

Member User423 GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    I think you loaded it trough Backup Launcher, right?
    Is that only with SSBB?

When yes, it can be a problem with your drive. I had a problem too with my drive. It cannĀ“t read my legit SSBB disc . I found on the BigN Website that the problem is, that my lens is dirty. So I got the official Wii-Lens Cleaner (~5$), cleaned my lens one time. Now all is perfect!

3. 2yugimoto

Member 2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    try downgrading to 3.2

4. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You probably need some IOS files. You could always try reburning it or using the Wii Cleaner.

5. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    try it on usbloader