Super Smash Brawl won't play on my Wii!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by groovengrover, May 18, 2009.

1. groovengrover
    OP

groovengrover Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2009
    United States
    I purchased a used Wii off of craigslist, updated it to 4.0 through Wii used bannerbobs methor of installing hbc. After that I installed wad installer 1.4 and preloader .29. I have a back up copy of Super Smash Brawl that plays fine on my first Wii that has all the same software except it's on 3.2 not 4.0. When I put the back up Copy in of Super Smash Brawl it says it cannot read the disk, I have searched and searched, read and read and cannot find what I have done wrong or if it's because the Wii is an older one would maybe the drive inside the wii need a update? Please help me I am at my Witts end!!!! Every other back up plays fine, including some of the newest games out................

thanks in advance

2. User423

User423 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    I think you loaded it trough Backup Launcher, right?
    Is that only with SSBB?

When yes, it can be a problem with your drive. I had a problem too with my drive. It cannĀ“t read my legit SSBB disc . I found on the BigN Website that the problem is, that my lens is dirty. So I got the official Wii-Lens Cleaner (~5$), cleaned my lens one time. Now all is perfect!

3. 2yugimoto

2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Philidelphia
    try downgrading to 3.2

4. SublimeAndEtc

SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    West Palm Beach, FL
    You probably need some IOS files. You could always try reburning it or using the Wii Cleaner.

5. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    try it on usbloader