Super Robot Taisen spelled doom on my microSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by azorpatch, May 13, 2009.

May 13, 2009
  1. azorpatch
    OP

Newcomer azorpatch Member

Mexico
    So...I was loading Robot Taisen on my SD card and got a cyclic redundance error. Afterwards my microSD completely died lol.

I think god was trying to tell me something, either not play ROMs or not play games with tons of boobs >_>

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Or it was a coincidence, as MicroSDs die all the time.

I honestly don't think a specific ROM could cause the microSD to stop functioning, though people have tried making DS viruses.

3. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    However DS viruses don't messed up SD cards but the DS itself by erasing the firmware.

4. azorpatch
    OP

Newcomer azorpatch Member

Mexico
    I know the game itself didn't mess up my SD, but it's too bad I got messed up before I tried the game. I wanted to try some of the crazy combos.

5. Dal3umster

Newcomer Dal3umster Member

United States
    Have you been messing with the microSD? They're really small, so they break easily.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I actually tried breaking a microSD in half with my hands, it doesn't work, those things are pretty damn firm. Water doesn't hurt them much either. The only physical damage I can think of is scratching the hell out of the contacts, but that would only happen if you did it on purpose. Ordinary wear a tear will not scratch the contacts to the point of unreadability.

So it's actually the internal damage that's caused by writing, deleting, reformatting, etc. that ended the TC's microSD's lifespan.