Super Paper Mario on a PAL Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LostCJ, Apr 24, 2007.

Apr 24, 2007

Super Paper Mario on a PAL Wii by LostCJ at 11:17 AM (1,515 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. LostCJ
    OP

Newcomer LostCJ Newbie

New Zealand
    I currently have a PAL Wii still with the version it came with on launch day and I want to play Super Paper Mario using the WiiKey. If I took my Wii to someone else's house and did the update then played SPM at home would that work or do you need to have the Wii online when you put in the SPM disc? I have heard from some people to have it online but some say it doesn't matter. Which is it? [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. -Zion-

Newcomer -Zion- Newbie

Denmark
    the most important thing you need to do is to have your wii FULLY updated before even considering using SPM on your wii..

if your wii is fully updated, i believe that no connection is needed.. just make damn sure that it's fully updated.. (2.2E is the latest firmware)

edit: grammer

3. da_rula

Member da_rula GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The "Super Paper Mario Update" only comes up ONE TIME! If you already played the game u are on the safe side.
    The Update won't come up for a second time.

4. -Zion-

Newcomer -Zion- Newbie

Denmark

i believe he hasn't tried SPM yet, and is wondering if he can update his wii at his friends house.. then take the wii back home and play SPM without internet connection.

and my answer is the same.. make DAMN sure that the wii is fully updated before trying SPM. [​IMG]

5. LostCJ
    OP

Newcomer LostCJ Newbie

New Zealand
    -Zion- is correct with what I'm wanting to do. Has anyone on here tried this yet?

6. betaboy

Member betaboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The only thing you need to do is make sure your firmware is 2.1E or above (2.2E is the latest version). It does not matter if you are online or not after this when you run SPM. SPM will do a quick update when you first load it, but all it does is set a flag in cmos to say 'firmware up to date' so it doesn't do the firmware check every time you load the game from there on.

7. NeoGreendawg

Newcomer NeoGreendawg Member

France
    Hi all,

I've updated my pal Wii to 2.2E, downloaded the final version of opera and to be on the safe side, fixed up the wii24connect but when I put my Super Paper Mario disk in the console it still seems to want to update (update initializing)...
    So, being very, very, skint and afraid of killing my Wii I've not gone any further.

Would some kind soul please help me? I can't let my brand new SPM go to waste... But I can't let it kill my Wii either! [​IMG]

8. DiNo29

Member DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

France
    Don't worry if the update screen show up and a progress bar is moving. If your wii is up to date, it does nothing.
    I think that when it is really updating, it asks you to confirm you want to update.
    Donc c'est bon NeoGreendawg tu peux le laisser faire [​IMG]

9. yiggs

Newcomer yiggs Member

Australia
    hmmm

on the topic of SPM on a PAL wii..

I installed my modchip correctly (wiikey) and did all the patching on the disc. BUT! The splash page of the game comes up in the menu, i start it and it gets a disc read error (read operations manual etc). I reburnt it on some other media brand, and got further into the game (first save point) and it does the same thing again..

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

(im fully up to date with 2.2E, Using TDK DVD+R written at 2x, WiiKey, Pal Wii)

10. genxor

Newcomer genxor Advanced Member

Australia
    Try verbatims - TDKs are CMC (crap).
    JB HiFi have spindles of 50 verbatims for $29 - well worth it. [​IMG]