Super Nintendo World theme park opens this summer, gets music video trailer

Universal Studios Japan has been working on opening an exciting theme park for Nintendo fans, ever since December 2016. Now, that work is almost complete, as Super Nintendo World is set to open later this summer, in Japan. Currently, a "Global Kick Off Presentation" is being broadcast to media, offering new details about the park. One of the new pieces of information involves "Power Up Bands", which are wristbands that "will make you feel like a part of the game world", and will allow park-goers to compete with others by collecting digital coins. A mobile app will also be involved, and appears to include a rankings system, stamps, and an interactive map, as well.

The briefing specifies exploration, challenge, and winning, and a slogan of "no limit!" which seems to indicate that Super Nintendo World will try to game-ify the theme park experience. Screenshots have been included, with details courtesy of Bloomberg JP. Nintendo of America also posted a trailer, which consists of a music video of fans running and dancing around multiple Mario-themed CGI setpieces. Super Nintendo World will open at Universal Studios Japan in summer 2020, with additional parks opening up at Universal Hollywood, Orlando, and Singapore later on.

EOM_7m8VAAEEBT8.jpg EOM7jgoUwAAx4Ex.jpg EOM7i78U8AAUE0r.jpg EOMm52RVUAAfq-C (1).jpg

:arrow: Source

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* no actual gameplay footage shown

Japan is one of the most ethnically homogeneous places on Earth and good on them for that
so i don't get all the diversity being pushed in this video
and It's not like many people from outside of Japan could afford to travel there for this

Reactions: kernelPANIC

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan is one of the most ethnically homogeneous places on Earth and good on them for that
so i don't get all the diversity being pushed in this video
and It's not like many people from outside of Japan could afford to travel there for this

This year they will. Olympics.

Ironically that’s exactly why I’m NOT taking my family to Japan this summer. We go for a month every 2-3 years, but this summer the hotels are all booked up, prices are jacked up, and the place will be overrun with ignorant foreigners. I hope they have a blast, but not how I want to spend my vacation.

Reactions: weatMod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night